2003 Mazda MPV 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Disappointing

2003 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

LX Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Disappointing
By unmazda on

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I used to own used 1994 MPV that I was very satisfied with. it ran over 180k miles without any major problems. and that is main reason for buying an MPV again. The van drives like a sports car, totally satisfied the way it drives. I took in for service 3 times and I still have transmission hard/erratic shift problem (slightly better now), severe vibrating at more than 80 mph, and brake noise. I've owned new Nissan, Acura, and Toyota cars and all had some problems initially but were fixed, and they were nothing major. but this MPV is different; either dealer's mechanics are not capable or it's just plain bad manufacturing.

Favorite Features

Drives better than typical sedan. Disappearing 3rd row seat and spacious trunk area. Sliding second row seats (captain or bench) and easy to pull out.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are uncomfortable (too high), gear handle sticks out too much where you can't see some controls on dash board. lever for front seat to move back and forth sticks out too much. rear seat could only seat child comfortably. Gas mileage only 20 mpg.