Purchased : December 2013
Build quality may be an issue...
Week 2 : the passenger seat trim vibrating noise, probably due to contact when exiting vehicle.
Fixed by dealer.
Week 3 : front windows vibrating noise when opened slightly.
Not bothersome enough to take to dealer, but disappointing nonetheless.
Week 4 : right sun visor vibration noise, goes away if opened then reclosed.
Week 6 : upper right corner of center console screen intermittent rubbing noise.
Since the beginning, there's also been a ceiling vibration noise if only the rear windows are open.
Apparently, this kind of wind harmonics problem is common for many cars.
Again, more disappointment.
* engine growl is music to the ears
* outstanding handling encourages "spirited" driving
* roomy, especially rear legroom and cargo capacity
* best-looking exterior in its class by miles
* great mileage (averaging 34.5 mpg, 75% highway)
* 2.5L has more than enough power
* blind-spot monitor and backup camera are lifesavers
* versatile 40/20/40 folding rear seats
* transmission takes getting used to, particularly the engine braking between 19 - 10 mph (makes coasting a drag), but I guess it helps fuel economy somehow
* keyless entry remote has surprising range
* excellent safety ratings (those built Nov 2013 or later)
- headrest bulges forward, not adjustable
- auto-on headlights should be standard
- some interior switches not lit
- steering column doesn't telescope far enough
- rear headrests block rear view
- interior metallic parts reflects sun
- limited exterior/interior color combinations
- armrests uneven height
- temperature knob sounds cheap when turned
- noisy rear wiper motor
- small cubicle (left of steering wheel) not deep/angled enough
- no A-pillar grab handle
- cargo light not on ceiling
- center vents too low / range of adjustment too small
- standard audio very unimpressive
- tail pipe looks too small
- door handle too far forward
- no rear fan vents
Week 14 : when getting gas and locking pump handle, the pump clicks off about 2 gallons earlier than usual.
I have to hold the pump handle until it actually fills the tank (but not to the point of overflowing, of course).
Problem persists no matter which gas station used.
* bought a neck pillow and rotated headrest 180 degrees, now seating position is near perfect
- black interior puts spotlight on every speck of dust
- would be nice if rear seats slide fore and aft
- clarification : rear headrest should be those thinner, upside-down L-shaped ones like on the Mazda2 to avoid blocking rear view; "door handle too far forward" refers to interior side
Update : used Hill Assist for first time.
Somebody give the engineer who invented this feature a Nobel or something, just awesome.
The gas pump problem has not occurred for the last 2 fill-ups.
Hopefully, it stays that way...
I'm having the same problem with not being able to fill up my fuel tank all the way.
Mine will stop filling when I still should be able to put in about 3.5 more gallons.
It's been that way since I purchased it in January 2014 and has not improved.
I've used several different gas stations with the same result.
It really is a pain in the neck.
I'm just about ready to take it in for it's first service, hopefully they can fix the problem.
Just over 10,000 miles and just under 6 months later : car performs just fine mechanically.
Mileage = 34.3 (dashboard), 35.0 (Fuelly), 36s pretty common if you stay under 60 mph on freeway (yes, that CX-5 in the slow lane is me).
Fuel fill-up issue is inexplicably intermittent.
With the weather warming up, the A/C is not as cold as expected even at max setting.
I'll be informing the dealer about the rattling front windows when I get the oil change and tire rotation this week...
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.