Used 2004 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus Sc-430 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Lexus SC 430

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (163 reviews )

Wow!! A dream to dtive!!
By SBLocal

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car!! Can't go anywheer and not get noticed. A true joy to drive and great on long road trips. Very nice design and very fast! I would recommend this car to anyone who needs luxury but has to had performance and looks. This car is a 12.5 out of 10. I wasn't even able to test drive it before I bought it, doesn't that tell you something?

Favorite Features

Hardtop conv, Navigation, leather seats, handling....

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can think of is that the drivers seat needs to be able to lean back more. Otherwise a great great car!

Superb automibile
By Harry Barbee

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is an excellent vehicle( and the 4th Lexus I have purchased). I also have a LS 430. Fun to drive, powerful engine, great pickup and fast and easy to handle on the Interstates as well as around town.The car attracts attention with its outstanding styling. The sound system is outstanding and the GPS system is almost as good as that in my LS430( unhappily, no live Lexus link, otherwise just as good.)

Favorite Features

Excellent instrumentation- Superb interior , excellent sound system,I love that low throaty engine sound at idle.

Suggested Improvements

Seat belts are not easily reached and the retainer straps on the seats are not very effective. I really never use Lexus link ( except to demonstrate it to my friends who are curious)but I think it could be an effective safety measure in the event of car trouble on the highway.

Lexus- My Way
By Joseph Inzerillo

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My SC430 is model year 2002...the first year it was introduced. I purchased the SC430 as a retirement gift to myself and drive it every day. It does not sit in the gararge. I have driven it from Virginia to the Florida Keys a few times and have taken many other trips.

Favorite Features

The solid quality convertible top which is as quiet as a hard top sedan and as leak proof from rain at any speed. The navigation system is very convient to see and easy to use and learn.

Suggested Improvements

1. A need for a wireless phone system which would utilize the car speakers with an intergrated microphone. 2. All wheel drive option ... for bad weather. 3. Lexus Link for Emergency Help.

love the car-hate the tires
By ctjim52@aol.com

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

very nice car in all ways,but tires and wheels are a problem.run flat tires can not be fixed--very stupid,also wheels are a little week for the way the car rides.

Favorite Features

metal hardtop,sound system,looks,no rattles

Suggested Improvements

tires,wheels,

SC2004
By J. Tait

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love the car but I recently had a severe accident with it. The car took the hit very well It is solidly built and I think saved my life. After teh accident it ran well even though severely damaged

Favorite Features

It is summer and it is a Convertible

Suggested Improvements

Less power and more fuel economy It should be a Front wheel drive