Used 2004 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus Sc-430 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Lexus SC 430

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (163 reviews )

Wow!! A dream to dtive!!
By SBLocal

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car!! Can't go anywheer and not get noticed. A true joy to drive and great on long road trips. Very nice design and very fast! I would recommend this car to anyone who needs luxury but has to had performance and looks. This car is a 12.5 out of 10. I wasn't even able to test drive it before I bought it, doesn't that tell you something?

Favorite Features

Hardtop conv, Navigation, leather seats, handling....

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can think of is that the drivers seat needs to be able to lean back more. Otherwise a great great car!

Superb automibile
By Harry Barbee

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is an excellent vehicle( and the 4th Lexus I have purchased). I also have a LS 430. Fun to drive, powerful engine, great pickup and fast and easy to handle on the Interstates as well as around town.The car attracts attention with its outstanding styling. The sound system is outstanding and the GPS system is almost as good as that in my LS430( unhappily, no live Lexus link, otherwise just as good.)

Favorite Features

Excellent instrumentation- Superb interior , excellent sound system,I love that low throaty engine sound at idle.

Suggested Improvements

Seat belts are not easily reached and the retainer straps on the seats are not very effective. I really never use Lexus link ( except to demonstrate it to my friends who are curious)but I think it could be an effective safety measure in the event of car trouble on the highway.

Lexus- My Way
By Joseph Inzerillo

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My SC430 is model year 2002...the first year it was introduced. I purchased the SC430 as a retirement gift to myself and drive it every day. It does not sit in the gararge. I have driven it from Virginia to the Florida Keys a few times and have taken many other trips.

Favorite Features

The solid quality convertible top which is as quiet as a hard top sedan and as leak proof from rain at any speed. The navigation system is very convient to see and easy to use and learn.

Suggested Improvements

1. A need for a wireless phone system which would utilize the car speakers with an intergrated microphone. 2. All wheel drive option ... for bad weather. 3. Lexus Link for Emergency Help.

Grammy drives a Lexus SC 430
By grammychild

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been my one splurge, and it has been worth it. I love this car, and I love seeing more women driving it. This back seat area is small, but I've gotten my grandchildren back there easily, and my shopping bags. I love the 8 cylinder because it gives it so much pick up. I love the hardtop because I feel safer than I would with a cloth top. There is no better exterior design; the interior design is luxurious; I've had another Lexus, and I love their reliability. It's a man magnet! I never get tired of watching the hardtop going into the trunk with a push of a button. It's a love fest!

Favorite Features

No doubt--my favorite feature and what makes this car stand out from all others is the exterior design! Secondly, the hardtop going into the trunk with the push of a button!

Suggested Improvements

It's kind of hard to reach back and get the seatbelt.

A Really Unique Ride
By Melinda Massingale

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Thus far I love my new vehicle. It is comfortable and sporty looking. When playing the radio, the stereo does not seem quite as dynamite as my LS 400 that I use to have. This may be bacause it is in a smaller space with fewer speakers. The sound is good but not as good. I can tell that the paint is going to scratch really easy. I have indigo blue (or it may be that it shows up more on darker colors). Overall I love the car and I would buy it again in a heart beat. It is a smooth ride with all of the classy features.

Favorite Features

I love the color woodgrain and leather combination. Of course the convertible roof is unique. My favorite thing is probably the lines of the car.It looks really nice.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely it needs xm radio and onstar. Also, the seatbelts are kinda hard to get to when you are buckling up.