2007 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:
$85,000 piece of crap
By jagmanjimi on 05/28/12 08:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

* Serviced Mar 2012 - electrical 36,558 miles * Serviced Jan 2012 - shift lever replacement 36,456 miles * Serviced Dec 2011 - battery 36,263 miles * Serviced Jun 2011 - battery 34176 miles In addition to the above service dates, within this mileage period the vehicle was serviced 3 other times for electrical and once for "top vacuum". While the dealer has been great for handling service issues under warranty up to this point, I am out of warranty now 1 month. With 37969 miles the top won't open or close. We will see how they will handle. Bottom line, within a 4K mile period the vehicle had to be serviced no less then 8 times. What more can be said!

Wouldn't believe it if I didn't drive it
By onebeatatatime on 08/04/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Not too long ago J D Powers gave Jaguar a glorious review especially for reliability. Eye opener. Driven several BMWs and 2 Mercedes SLs (500, 600) in the past. The new XK blew me away. Jaguar has carved design and performance. Power is less than 911 but plentiful. Drives like a sports touring. Purrs when slow but ready to leap with a growl with the push of the accelerator, wheels always hugging cement, driver held tight in the seat. Navigation / phone / Audio in the center with intuitive touch screen controls simply ingenious, yet enormously functional. bluetooth pairing with Blackberry seamlessly. Jaw dropping looks. Most people don't know what just rushed passed them.

stay away
By Patrick Garrigan on 06/19/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

List convertible top - cables replaced rear motor Windows replaced. 10 days in shop navigation system not functioning 4 days upload hardware electrical issues, constantly, battery replaced 2 times. Beautiful disaster. I am at home and have to wait two days until the car can be towed back. If the car was not under warranty I would hate to see what the costs are. Wow. Never again.

Dream Car
By Professor Don on 01/28/10 08:05 AM (PST)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I saved for a 911 but after driving the XK convertible, bought it. We live in the Texas hill country and throughly enjoy letting the top down and driving...phantastically comfortable, does everything well, and a real head turner.

Great GT - Pooooooor Electrical
By Frank on 02/27/09 09:24 AM (PST)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love the car - Drives great - great head turned. Power is good but could be better. But the most annoying thing about it is the electrical problems - especially the display screen that is totally inoperable at times. The dealer has been no help and Jaguar Engineering who inspected the car is no help either. Awaiting decision on a buy back. Probably would not purchase another.

Still Runs Like a Dream
By KLefty on 12/30/08 20:28 PM (PST)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

In my third year of driving the restyled XK. I am amazed that I have yet to have ANY even minor issue with this car. I hesitated to buy a Jaguar because of the old reputation as unreliable. The performance and styling wowed me and I just had to have one. Bravo, Jaguar on the maintenance reliability!

Top Quality, Tons-o-Fun!
By Timio-san on 09/05/07 08:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

A proud owner since May 2006. I ordered the XK the very 1st day it was availabe for ordering in the US - got the 3rd convert delivered in the Wash DC area. I traded a 2003 Merc SL500 and couldn't have made a better choice. The XK is drop dead sexy and has stellar interior and exterior styling. Jag's Ian Callum is a genius on this one! The quality and reliability has been better than any Porsche, BMW or Merc I've owned. In other words, zero defects, only two trips to the dealer for minor tweaks. The performance is especially pleasing in Sport mode - plenty fast for DC driving. I've taken four trips of 2+ hours and this thing is comfortable and joy on the highway.

First and Last Jaguar
By Last Jag on 07/04/07 08:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The car is beautiful on the exterior, the interior is not very functional with misplaced buttons all around. Reliability is horrible, I think I spend more time in my rental car than my Jaguar. My son's popsicle stick birdhouse is built better than this car. I have decided I am ending the lease early and buying a BMW 6-Series.

jagluver
By jagluver on 12/12/06 20:20 PM (PST)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car when it first arrived in the US. I have had more than 10 service visits in 3 months. The gas door would not open and had to be modified. The check engine light has come on 4 times with no real reason. The power seat failed, the windows do not move down a little everytime when you open the door and then up to seal when the door is closed, therefore, door will not shut normally. The radio antenna causes a wind noise at high speeds. There was a funny noise like a creak in the brakes when the car tilted and came to a stop. Overall, I love the looks of the car but am frustrated with the little problems that keep recurring.

Better and Better
By D Akers on 11/21/06 13:14 PM (PST)

2007 Jaguar XK-Series Convertible XK 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owed a 1999, 2002 and now 2007 Jag XKs and this is a runaway hit! The aluminum body is much more rigid, the paddle shifters add a new dimension and the blue tooth technology and keyless entry are a big plus. Styling is better and the operation of the top is much better and the boot cover is automatic. Only down side is the greatly decreased truck space and no manual transmission (as per the past). Before I decided on this vehicle I drove the Mercedes CLK and the BMW 6 series and this beats them hands down! One caution, don't test drive one... you will buy it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.