Great Car for the Money
By jagmeister1 on
2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)
I bought my 2.5L automatic in June of 2010. When I first got the car there were some "gremlins" especially electrical that came and gone. In September the battery went. I was able to put a charge to it and when and got a OEM battery. Wow all the gremlins were gone. When I bought it it had 23046 miles and now June 2011 I turned 26000 miles. Except for the electrical gremlins I have no problems with the car until about a month ago. I have the optional HID self leveling headlights, no washers on the lights. The interior mechanism broke in both headlights, and they could no longer be adjusted. One pointed to space the other to the ground. Jaguar does not make replacement parts for these lights,.
Favorite Features
Handling, comfort, style, AWD, sound system.
Suggested Improvements
As I( was writing above there are no replacement parts for the HID lights and they retail for over $1000 each, plus install. I got very lucky however. I searched Ebay and found a company in Houston, TX that makes replacement parts for the cheap plastic used by Jaguar. They aren't cheap either $75 per light, but that nothing compared to the replacement HID headlamps. Also, the gas mileage is terrible, 13/14 mpg around town and 21/22 mpg highway. I've changed the plugs, air filter, PCV valve and house, cleaned the TB and very little improvement. Jaguar doesn't make this car any longer so they can't do any improvements. However the HID headlights are a very common problem and no improve.