2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (13 reviews )
Can't get much better
By Scott Free on 04/26/07 11:36 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS 4WD 2dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my VX in early 2002 and have been in love ever since. It handles more like a sports car than an SUV. In the snow it is a beast, never got stuck one time. Drove it on the beach in NC and all I got was turning heads. Put simply, it is like owning an exotic car. Only 5000 were ever produced, so you almost NEVER see another one, wherever you go, not like so many other mass production vehicles (1 every 3 blocks!). The stiff ride allows you to feel the road, and corner without yaw. Good luck getting a used one, because I will probably NEVER sell mine. :) Simply the best experience I have ever had with a vehicle.

VX Forever!
By curiouswords on 10/01/06 09:05 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS 4WD 2dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a wild, fun, and most interesting SUV; too kewl for school. I LOVE my VX! Outstanding reliability, futuristic styling, and an awesome 4x4 experience.

never lose in a parking lot
By circmand on 12/25/05 19:51 PM (PST)

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS 4WD 2dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Awesome vehicle attracts attention from everyone. The lack of space to get in the back seat and the typical bad seat belt retractors, plus poor visibility are the only drawbacks.

awesome lil' monster
By rick on 09/07/05 10:58 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS 4WD 2dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

VehiCROSS is fun to drive and awesomely reliable. Of the three years, total repair cost was only for a fuel pump. Very impressed with workmanship and engine. Plan to keep it no matter the gas mileage.

Cool Car
By Beavertractors on 01/08/05 07:01 AM (PST)

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS 4WD 2dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The VX is a cool car not just a SUV. It's 4 years old and I get asked all the time "Who is making this neat New car". Only 4,000 and change were made.

Cool. I love that it is rare!
By Tim D. on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS 4WD 2dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The styling is still futuristic. I really like how solid it is. It is built with over-kill durability. It is quiet, fast and stable. People stop you in parking lots to find out what it is. The fact that there were only 4,153 imported into the U.S. makes it even better from my perspective. I plan on keeping it forever. It is too cool and rare to sell in my opinion. My pet peeve with it is that there are no cup holders ... ok, I can live without them. That is my only complaint. I think they are a great value. You just have to find one.

Wild
By Frank R. on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS 4WD 2dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Although the power may be somewhat over-rated, the truck lets you know as soon as you hit the gas it's a v6. The turn radious is unbelievible, and the snow capablilities are unmatched.

Almost There
By pTooner on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS 4WD 2dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

They came very close to building a truly exceptional vehicle. I like almost everything about it. The only problems are the difficulty of getting into the back seat and little oversights like the lack of a power unlock for the rear door.

BAD to the BONE!
By FLASH451 on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS 4WD 2dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Until someone builds something better the VX is it! This is the first time I have owned or even seen a 4X4 that you can buy and go right to off road IMMEDIATELY! All other 4x4’s including jeeps have got anywhere from $3000 and up before they are really off road ready. The jeep wranglers for example lean so much in a turn they feel like they will roll right over and they will. However the VX can hit a corner with hardly a hesitation and while in the corner you can just nail it and it will just hook up and launch you straight down the road. Also a VX has the articulation that other 4x4’s just dream they came off the assembly line with.

Ahead of its time.
By mnoland on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS 4WD 2dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving the VX. The handling is great on road as well as off. In town, I have learned to realy on my side mirrors more than the center rear view because of the lower visibilty. I did instal an aftermarket air filter by Calmini which increased the power and gas mileage and would advise anyone else to add it on. The overall feel is like having a car built around your favorite, most comfortable chair.