2002 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: My Sonata

2002 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

2002 Hyundai Sonata

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My Sonata
By Ashley Spiriti on

2002 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I bought our Sonata wanting to trade up from our Cavalier since we were expecting a baby. We haven't had too many problems but it seems when we do, they are VERY expensive to fix and never covered under the warranty. We've been steadily replacing rotors since we bought the things (which can only be bought at the dealership, go figure). I love the exterior!! No major failures as of yet but lots of recalls. The interior has had a lot of little probs. The arm rest on the driver's door ripped with just my husband's elbow resting on it. The silver chips off the inner door handles and leaves razor-sharp edges. WATCH OUT!! We had to sand them. Overall, it's a good car.

Exterior look! The interior is easy to clean up (my 3 year old lost a battle to blueberries the other day). The CD player and radio are very easy to work.

I hate the cruise control activiation button! Also, there's very little room between the back and front seats when there's a carseat back there. He's only 3 and there's barely room for his legs. Interior parts are a little cheap.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review