2002 Honda S2000 Consumer Review: Miata on Steroids

2002 Honda S2000 - Consumer Review

Miata on Steroids
By TMorrow on

2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

To anyone interested in buying the S- 2000.It does have some short comings in creature comforts. However, it is the most fun I've had in any of my 13 cars. It is almost like a four wheeled motorcycle.If you can find one, drive it. If you have to pay over MSRP, do it. I did and I sell them. It's worth it. Break it in right.This is the highest quality Honda I have ever seen and I've been around them since my '88 CRX Si. I traded cars with my friend Jorge, for a day, and his Boxster is no match....Don't bither spending $10,000 more for a Boxster / SLK / TT, etc...The M-Roadster has a little more guts, but the S-2000 makes it all up in the corners.

6000 RPM "VTEC Blast". It's like a huge turbo finally spooled up and let loose... Knife-like cornering.

Stronger stereo with at least six speakers and 250 watts. I have already dropped $1,300 in improving, what I think is, the one weak spot. Keep the factory head unit, though, the redundant audio controls only work with the OEM CD.