Best Sports Car?
By jpodvin on
2002 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
This has got to be the best all around sports car I have ever driven, and I have owned many. Stylish body lines, suburb suspension, Near 50/50 weight distribution and what has to be the most powerful 2.0 four cylinder in production! Not to mention the 9K redline, and ability to sustain 26 MPG under my abusive driving. Some people have complained that there is not enough low end torque, but I say show me a four cylinder sports car with more. At 60 MPH in sixth gear I rarely have to downshift to pass. Has more low end torque than my fiance's civic Si, and weighs less too!
Favorite Features
Some of my favorite points on the S2K! The ultra fast top. I can change it at a traffic light! Razor sharp handling from the factory. VTEC kick! =) One of the easiest cars to hold a controlled drift in! Most people think it costs 3x what it actually did! Oh and the secret compartment!
Suggested Improvements
If I had to gripe about something, I would have to say the factory clutch is weak, the only cup holder is in a bad spot for shifting, The factory paint is thin and easily chipped, and not enough exhaust note to cover up drive train noise.