Si is an excellent car
By mseals on
2000 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe
This is truly a great sleeper car. It has all the power you need when you need it, but at the same time, it gets great gas mileage. I avg 31 mpg, that is right, average!! I have a mix of driving that is about 60% street and 40% freeway. I have the black one so it looks like just about every other Civic coupe. That is fine with me since I love the way the car looks, especially when it is clean. Once I changed the tires (they were crappy and expensive) the car even handled the snow pretty well. I truly believe now that the 0-60 time is 7.2 sec. The engine didn't break in until about 15,000 miles so I was skeptical at first. But once it did, look out.
Favorite Features
160 Hp DHOC V-TEC engine, and I really like the sunroof. I think that controls are great, and the placement of them is great. Excellent climate control placement, all controls are egonomically perfect.
Suggested Improvements
It could use a 6th gear, rpms are high on the freeway at 70+ even though you get use to it. Also, I would like to see them put some better stock tires on it. the Michelins XGT V4's were garbage in the rain or snow. just skid.