A Tribute and a Sad Goodbye
By Emmanuel Pureza on
1993 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe
14 years flew by so fast. I clearly remember the day I purchased this car. A day after my 22nd birthday. Just a few weeks ago I was talking about how I want to keep this car forever but on Oct 26, 2007 with over 182000 miles on it, a deer abruptly ended it. The 30+ miles to a gallon with an average maintenance cost of less than $600 per year will definitely be felt and missed. If there is a Hall of Fame for cars this one no doubt will be inducted. I am not saying this car is perfect, just like any mechanical device it had its malfunctions but none of them major. It stranded me once due to a blown computer chip but overall it met my expectations of reliability, build, and economy.
Favorite Features
Body design, interior lay out, stereo/sound system (when it was new), unexpected power, surprising rear passenger leg room for an average height person and hauling ability. Smooth manual transmission and easy to reach controls.
Suggested Improvements
Coin pocket placement. Antenna placement and technology. Make Air conditioning standard. Tougher stereo and sound system and vent fans for 1 and 2 settings. They're both crappy after the 10th year.