Excessive wind noise.
By disappointed90 on
2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I've never posted an online review but often refer to them. In fact I wouldn't have purchased a new Accord if not for the positive reviews from professionals and consumers alike. I am so disappointed in my 2013 Honda Accord EX Sedan I felt I must say something so others may benefit or at least be prepared. Before purchasing please do a web search for "2013 Accord wind noise". You'll find talk of TSB 13-010 and feedback from many people with complaints of excessive wind noise starting at 60 mph and especially 75 and above. For me it's an absolutely miserable driving experience. My dealer has been great but I've had it in 3 times in my first 5 weeks of ownership.
Favorite Features
Review continued... 1st visit - Applied TSB fix which improved the issue but did not eliminate, still very annoying. 2nd visit - Added additional foam in rubber window run channel but no improvement. 3rd visit - Replaced window run channel and problem reverted back to pre-TSB fix. Again my dealer has been great but I'm losing faith that this issue will be fixed. I can't express how bothersome this wind chuffing is to me. Much worse than vibrations and rattles as 75% of my driving is highway and it never goes away. At least rattles are intermittent.
Suggested Improvements
Instead of patching the issue with a TSB Honda should step up and put a real fix in place. I'll happily revise this review if the problem is taken care of but if it isn't I won't be keeping the vehicle. I'll save money for the next 12 months and take the hit on trade-in. I've driven many rental vehicles to include Sonata, Camry, and Altima but have never had such an unpleasant driving experience.
By oracle_of_rock
on 05/15/13 21:25 PM (PDT)

What are you even doing driving at "75 and above?." This sounds like the drivers who complain about mpg yet openly admit to having a "lead foot" and driving way above the speed limit. Simply slow down - wind problem resolved!!

By wayne21
on 06/18/13 12:10 PM (PDT)

Thank you disappointed90. I have just started car shopping and that was one area of particular concern to me. We have a 2000 accord and the wind noise is horrible. Our son has a 2010 accord and his wind noise is terrible. As I understand it, this has been an issue for the accord since 1976 but they apparently haven't taken care of the issue. My wife made it very clear to me (and I totally agree) that we will not own another car with wind noise like our accord. I did the google for 2013 Honda accord wind noise and I believe we have ruled out the accord.

By 4cypress
on 09/13/13 08:22 AM (PDT)

I've too gotten this lemon problem, although they replaced the gasket on the driver side it only reduced the noise a bit. My wind noise is at 60 mph/ cross wind noise at 40 mph. Radio system does suck too.

By disappointed90
on 06/25/13 19:39 PM (PDT)

Thanks for your comment wayne21. I drive many rentals and my Accord definitely has an issue compared with Sonata, Camry, and Altima. Haven't driven Ford or Chevy equivalents so I can't speak to them. oracle_of_rock - I hesitate to dignify your comment with a response but its just too ignorant to ignore. 1. The Interstate on which I commute 2 hrs per day has a 70 mph speed limit. 2. I'm passed by approximately 75% of traffic. 3. I pass many officers along the way and have not been pulled over let alone ticketed in close to 30 years. 4. I couldn't care less about the 2 mpg loss between 65 to 75.

By disappointed90
on 04/07/13 18:03 PM (PDT)

Close to 400 posts on the issue to date. Not exactly "the quietest Accord ever" per Honda marketing. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76732