2002 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Best Car In Its Class

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX Coupe (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Best Car In Its Class
By SteveVFP on

2002 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I did more research before buying this car than any other. Put it side-by- side with the Chrysler Sebring, Toyota Camry, Chevy Monte Carlo, etc., and dollar for dollar you will not find a better vehicle. Sure, this is my 6th Honda, but I gave the other vehicles every opportunity to win me over, and none came close. The Camry may be a smoother ride, but it will cost you a few thousand extra to dress it up with what comes on the Accord.

The coupe is a very sporty. It's fun and easy to drive. The layout of the dashboard just makes perfect sense - every knob and button is within easy reach. The six-disc in-dash CD player is a great idea. There's enough room in the trunk for both my golf clubs and my groceries.

I got the 5-speed 4-cylinder. Either make the V6 available with a 5-speed or give the 4-cylinder a little more pep. Also, make the seatbelts adjustable. I am 5'-10" and, no matter how I adjust the seat, I can't seem to keep the belt from rubbing against my neck.