My Review
By ironchopz on
1994 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe
Purchased used in 4/97 with 28325 miles; mileage now: 171700. I'm very pleased with how the car has held up. The car is driven a lot. It's very comfortable, and enjoyable to drive. This T-bird routinely gets 23mpg+. Compared to the smaller engines (< 2.5L) that get 26-30mpg, this 'Bird (V- 8/4.6L) sips gas; it's a better value than the smaller-engine vehicles. I've towed a 6x12 U-Haul trailer through the Rockies: the engine never ran hot & fuel economy didn't drop much (19-20mpg w/ full car and trailer). Cons: the doors are heavy & go out of alignment periodically. The Premium Sound CD system is installed, but it lacks the 'punch' an aftermarket CD player would have.
Favorite Features
Smooooth ride; strong acceleration; excellent fuel economy for a larger engine (4.6 liters). A lot of standard features & options made it a very good value in my eyes.
Suggested Improvements
Too late to improve on: lighter doors would have been nice. Higher- performance audio system would've been appropriate. Lastly, remove the rev limiter (hahaha)!