Loving the Fiat!
By scottishere on
2012 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)
I actually got a Pop with the automatic transmission. This car is fun to drive and definitely gets noticed on the freeways. It definitely does not feel like a cheap car. It's well-built and solid on the road. I traded in a mid-sized sedan for my Fiat, so I expected a big adjustment. The car doesn't feel tiny inside. I have lots of head room (I didn't get the sunroof) and I've been able to find a comfortable driving position. You sit high in this car. It's not a road-burner, but it scoots along pretty well. The SPORT option firms up the steering and adjusts the way the 6-speed transmission shifts gears.
Favorite Features
Interior quality, efficient use of space, gas mileage (averaging 33 in city & highway), safety features, handling ability, small size (easy to park!), entertainment features (Bose stereo sounds terrific, Blue&Me works great with my cellphone)
Suggested Improvements
Could use a bit more padding inside on doors & dashboard, but it's not a huge deal. I'm still trying to get used to the window switches on the center console, but at least they are easy to reach. The sun visors are tiny, so get your windows tinted if you live in a sunny area.