Used 2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Why I like my Stratus
By KAL246

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It is better then my old truck. I bought it because my truck was costing me an arm and leg. I am happy with it thus far. I like the way it drives. It's very comfortable and easy to drive. I could get in my car and drive for hours and still be comfortable in it.

Favorite Features

I love the color, and the speedometer.

Suggested Improvements

Make the armrest more useable for short people. I have to have the seat closer to the wheel and it is sometimes uncomfortable for me to use the armrst because it is too far back.

Unreliable Dodge Stratus
By Eric

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had the Dodge Stratus for 3 wks when the water pump went bad and I was stuck 40 miles from home. Then approx. 11 months later when the car is only 1 yr old the fuel pump went bad and once again I was stranded. The car only had 18,000 miles and twice I had major mechanical defects. These are parts that should last for atleast 60,000- 70,000 miles. I feel the engine quailty on the Dodge Stratus is very poor.

Suggested Improvements

They should build the engine to last so they can compete with the much more reliable foreign cars.

Solid Car
By Weav

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this RT as soon as the dealer could get it in 2003. I got every possible option except the engine block heater. Other than the significant amount of brake dust (that messes up the nice stock mag wheels) and a weird engine heave every now and then, this car is exceptional. Performance-wise, it's sweet, with plenty of get-up for a non-supercharged V6. Style-wise, everyone loves it...the leather seats are very comfortable and the 8-way power seat makes it a perfect fit for anyone. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I hadn't fallen in love with the Chrysler 300 SRT-8...

Favorite Features

Leather, handling, sound system (best factory sound for the money), trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Use higher-quality brakes with less dust or use a shield. Put a supercharger on it.

The Best
By Lugo

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

In the past 12 years I have 4 Chevys, 2 Pontiac, 1 Toyota and 2 Nissan cars and this Dodge Straus is the best. I like to drive on the highway Ensenada to Tijuana because it's a great adventure. You can feel the power of the motor, and the great response to the curves. You have total control of the car, practically "glued to the road" and dont hear a noise. Its' a quiet car, off road, the suspension is fantastic!! The fuel economy is very good. The brake system is good. You can stop the car very fast with the 4 disc brake system. The system sound is OK. I love this car!

Favorite Features

The exterior design. The suspension, and the turbo power. I like the tacometer.

Suggested Improvements

The sound system needs automatic volume control with the speed. Automatic on/off exterior lights. Better look for the central console, something more modern!

Me & My Dodge
By plegal_101

2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was going to write a review weeks after I got my car, but decided that wouldn't be the right thing to do because I hadn't "broken it in" by then. So now I write almost 3 months later and I am SO glad I waited! Car was fine until about a month ago. I started hearing weird things with the brakes and took it in (better safe than sorry) and got the "nothing's wrong, these are brand new brakes" ordeal. That's fine, but why do they squeak like they are old as dirt? I don't like how my seat belt (the little clicker part) is all the way down on the floor and I have to reach in a really ackward way to get to it. The interior is also cheap looking but I needed a car badly!

Favorite Features

I like the CD and tape player. Remote entry is great for when I've got thousands of things in my hand.

Suggested Improvements

Anything mechanical. I've got a feeling I'm going to run into problems. They dont' give you that 7/75 for nothing! And oh yeah, sometimes when I sit in the car and just let it run, it kind of bounces...weird.