2004 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Don't buy
By Skidawg79 on 02/07/07 17:46 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Upon hitting 40,000 miles my Stratus has been breaking down approximately every 3 months. In the past 20,000 this is a list of things that have happened. A car slammed its brakes in front of me, I went to hit mine..didnt have any! My master cylinder broke and needed replaced. Then about 3 months later my compressor went and I didn't have any air conditioning while I was stuck in traffic on a 90 degree day. Also my water pump went, I've had the valve gaskets replaced twice, upper and lower radiator hoses and the thermostat, also my clutch needed replaced due to a manafacturing defect. Only good I can say is that it's good on gas. I will never buy another Chrysler product again!

Back to my youth by CB
By CB on 12/29/06 08:13 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I origianally wanted to purchase a 2003 R/T, but wanted to wait till 2006 to buy it and by then it was gone. The wife mentioned to me that the local dealer had another one, but it was a 2004 and we checked it out and drove it home. It has all the options you can get, including a 6 CD changer. I've not been sorry and not problems to date. The drive takes me back to my youth when I could hot rod around and I call this car my hot rod. For an old timer, I really love it.

Has been an excellent buy!
By stevcaro on 12/02/06 17:48 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this for economical transportation. Has given us no problems and is great on gas. Had a new 2002 Altima that was more powerful, but as far as the rest, can not really tell much difference. Ride quality is about the same, road noise is less in the Stratus but that could be the different tires. Its not a Lexus, but for my money it a great car!

Don't let bad apples ruin your taste
By kelcan on 09/14/06 15:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Stratus in the summer of 2004. It was a fleet vehicle. Which meant to me that it was basically a rental and we all know what people do to rentals. Nevertheless, I got it for a great deal. Although the car is a base model with a few add-ons, it's quickly become one of my favorite places to hang out. I've heard people complain about bad trannies in these cars, and there is some truth to the statment in that Dodge in general has unrealiable trannies, not specific to the Stratus. Furthurmore, if you buy from the dealer, the car comes with a great powertrain warranty. In every car company there are lemons, but my Dodge is a peach.

Ho Hum
By Dave on 09/12/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Previously owned an '01 RT Coupe. It was a much superior ride. The '04 RT Sedan 5 speed manual is extremely noisy. The transmission sounds like a sewing machine, and even at 70 mph on the highway it is still prevalent. The 2.7 Magnum is efficient, but nothing to excite an enthusiast. This would be a good soccer mom car. Can't wait to be rid of it.

My 2004 Stratus
By rob on 09/07/06 01:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car to save on gas, and I really do. It's fun to drive and reliable, So far I am extremely happy the only thing that has failed was the resistor for the blower motor, and it was only $10 at a local salvage yard, and took 10 mins to fix as well.

Loved it at first
By Not a happy camper on 07/27/06 03:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus ES 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought my car it was great the first three months. Since that time I have had the car in the shop 6 times. The engine has been replaced, the seat belts have been replaced and I am wondering what is going to go wrong with it next! I replaced a 10 year old Chevy with 150,000 miles on it with this Stratus and it has been in the shop more times in the 11 months I have owned it than my Chevy was the entire 10 years I had it. I have written Chrysler and they say it doesn't qualify for the lemon law even though it was in the shop 3 times in 3 months for the same problem. I guess since they replaced the engine they figure that fixes everything. I want to trade again but can't afford to.

Awesome Car
By Eddie on 07/23/06 02:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am very impressed. The coupe has such a more sporty feel and kick to it. i finally feel like I have a car I enjoy driving, and look forward to being "The driver". With tints and the great silver paint job this car just gleams at night.

Dodge Stratus r/t
By joe on 07/02/06 22:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Very good performance. Better than expeted gas mileage, (about 26 mph city). Car is admired by young people. Have not had it back to the dealer except for one minor issue. Lots of room in trunk. I like the automatic stick shift.

I Love My Stratus!
By Chris on 06/15/06 23:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I will admit, when I bought my Stratus, I was not pleased at the fact that I was going from a V-6 1997 Toyota Avalon to this four cylinder car, but after about a month of ownership, I fell in love. With the gas prices the way they are, my Stratus sips on gas and has adequate enough power to roll with the big boys! It's quite fun to drive, it has double wishbone suspension, so it's nice on curvy roads. It has a humungous trunk, 6 x 9 speakers in the front and the rear (no need to put twelves in the trunk). And it's pretty to look at, too.