Used 1991 Dodge Stealth ES Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Stealth - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:

Great car for the firs 150k
By Rick

1991 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

Great car and super fun to drive. Perfect dimensions for a sports car - short and wide. Received looks everywhere! Sold it after eight years and it was losing compression and getting harder to smog in California without extensive engine work. Also had to replace first gear under warranty. Mitsubishi sold as a Dodge so it was fairly reliable. Wish Dodge would make another Stealth with new technology!

Drivability, Looks

Make another one!

Young man's ride
By DANO

1991 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

I bought mine from an older gentleman who took exelent care of it. It's a beautiful royal blue. It has the twin turbo hood resembles Batmobile. Inside sets too low for me. I was disapointed to find out it was not a true Dodge but rather a Mitsubushi drivetrain. Maybe this is why motor and tranny don't last long but mine has because have babied it. I will be selling it soon, maybe if it had a real Hemi like a 426, I would keep it.

Sporty styling outside, Batmobile inside

Make it a true American muscle car by replacing drivetrain

1991 Dodge Stealth ES
By Danahs09

1991 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

All around great car has great power through all the rpm's. For only paying 1500 for my Stealth I feel I got a good bargain even though I do need to fix a couple minor things and since its almost 20 years old it may need a little bit of a paint job. Probably would not suggest for a inexperienced driver though I have been driving for awhile. The power this thing has compared to a Sunfire or a Cutlass Cierra is definetly noticable and will catch you off guard if you're not prepared for it.

I love the power and control that it has handles corners very well, feels like a very safe car

i have gone through 2 trannys and about to install my third in 6 months needs a sixth gear (i think the cars they came out of were beaten to death)

My grocery getter
By peggy Gage

1991 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

I bought a one owner Stealth in 2001 that had been well maintained. I have enjoyed this car more than any car I have ever owned. I have replaced the "brain" and the CV joint and have done regular maintenance. It has been very reliable ,It runs strong. Rides like a new car and handles beautifully on the best of curves. The styling is timeless, and it still turns heads!

I love the seating, the ease of shifting , the smooth short throw. And the acceleration is smooth and strong . It keeps up with traffic! The gauges are well placed and the lighting is perfect.

None

Excellent Vehicle for the Price!
By DA_MiG

1991 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

I bought my Stealth from an individual for 3000 bucks. After 2 months, I've only had to replace the starter which was the original. The car has 250,000+ miles, but the engine and tranny both have less than 30k. She has some get up and go and excellent cornering capabilities. I plan on having her for much, much longer and upgrading her until my supply runs dry! She will be in some shows before long!

Stylish body, comfortable interior, and she's LOW, FAST, and SEXY! LFS for life!

I'm waiting for the remodel to be developed!!!!