2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Review: Best Work Truck on the Market

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 - Consumer Review

Best Work Truck on the Market
By DJ on

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I traded my 06 3500 which was loaded and had the Cummins 5.9L for the 09 3500 ST with the 6.7L. Both are 4WD DRW. The 09 has a 6 spd man tran and is a bare-bones work horse. It has much more power then the 5.9L did, and the manual tran helps manage the power band well. I tow both a large boat and large 5th wheel with ease. I am hoping for better fuel economy when the engine becomes broken-in, which occured about the 17K point with the 06. MPG increased about 25% at that point. If you need a truck to work for you take a serious look at the Dodge. I have owned 2 F350's and now on my 2nd Dodge 3500. Dodge wins hands down!

Power, Running-Gear (Engine, Transmission, Transfer Case, Differentials, etc...) Overall Rugged Build

Dodge built a good truck, but they went cheap-charlie on the front end. There are several after-mkt frt-end kits available, and I will probably install one when the warranty runs out...which may be sooner then we all think!