2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
So far so good
By Rich on 11/17/06 12:41 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned 11 vehicles in my life, most of them purchased new, and I can honestly say this is the happiest I've ever been overall with a vehicle. The list of issues I've had with this truck is short - I had a leaking coolant hose which I fixed with a 75 cent hose clamp. That's it in over 36K miles. I'm averaging 17.5 mpg (hand calculated) over the life of the truck. It tows well, can accomodate 5 people decently (though not for extra long trips), and is fairly comfortable. I intend to keep this a long time, unless the new 6.7 Cummins with the 6 spd. automatic tranny is just too good to pass up. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Oh - I also got this $5K below a comparable Ford.

Excellent Replacement
By 2Evil4U on 09/01/06 07:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I picked this truck up used as a replacement for a totalled out 2001 Ram 2500. So far I love the truck. Even with the 3.73 gears, it pulls my trailer very well. The Hemi-5speed is a good combination.

One Great Truck
By Paul on 06/07/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned two Super Duties (a 99 and 04) both diesels. This Ram with the Cummins gets 20mpg, with more HP and TQ than than Ford's did. 58K miles, and its been to the dealer once for a minor items. Solid, reliable, powerful!

My Truck
By santav1 on 05/12/06 19:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck will carry me in comfort just about anywhere I want to go. It has exceptional towing power and I expect to have it in 2024

Great truck! Great mileage!
By mike on 01/22/06 12:34 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Truck has performed perfectly since day 1. Have not had one single problem with truck. Fuel mileage is great for truck of this size, 20.5 highway and 16 city, and its not even broken in yet! Only changes I would make are back seat comfort level similar to ford/chevy. Feature are also bleak compared to others, no dimming mirrors, no auto headlights etc. his thing will pull a house and get 16 mpg when doing that.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4
By Les Gage on 01/21/06 21:28 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck has been a pleasure to own. It has Cummins diesel engine, 4X4, and all options. I'd recommend it to anyone needing (or wanting) a HD 4X4. I've driven the big Fords & Chevys. This one wins hands down.

Dodge Trucks are the best overall!
By Joe Ryan on 01/08/06 15:33 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 is fully loaded including the 345 H.P. 'Hemi' engine. This is our third Dodge truck in a row and they keep getting better. The first was an '86' long bed which we sold after 200,000 miles - the only repair (one water pump) at 150,000. The second was a '95' Ram 4x4 which we sold at 186,000 miles to buy the 2004. The only repair to the '95' - a component in the electronic fuel injection system failed. This 2004 is a heavy duty quad cab with a short bed. We bought it with the trailer tow package as we own a 32' Prowler travel trailer. We are totally impressed with it's ability to haul that trailer around. We can't find fault with any aspect of Dodge Trucks.

2004 at 7000 Miles
By G.Huffer on 12/30/05 17:45 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck has plenty of power and the ride is consistent with the 2500 style. Diesel fuel economy is slowly improving but still not good in town. Price wars in 2005 have reduced my trade-in value more than expected. The 4WD with limited slip differential provides plenty of pulling capability in rough road conditions.

Great truck
By Ed Hribar on 12/07/05 09:12 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great truck to own but I liked my 2001 Dodge truck better, it never had any problems after 3 years of owning it and more than 80000 miles, never was in the shop for any repairs. This truck does have a few minor flaws with it and has been in the shop a couple of times for minor repairs over the two years I've owned it. I've towed more than 8000 lbs across country and over the mountains with no problems several times, tons of power. The quality of the build is not as good as the previous model but the previous model was an excellent truck. I am very rough on trucks and have owned both Chevy and Fords and even with the minor flaws with this model it still beats the others hands down.

I love this Diesel!!!
By Keith Jackson on 09/27/05 23:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in Alaska, then rolled it three times, three days later. It saved my wifes life. The state trooper on the scene said "she had never seen a truck take a beating and the person inside survive with NO injury's". She went out and bought one the next day. All it had after rolling three times was skin damage, easy fix. Only complaint I have is the cruise controls on the steering need to be lighted for night driving.