Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Great Truck
By Hoodlum

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought it used with 60k miles. Not many used out there, then or now with the Cummins. Automatic has been great. Ride is a little stiff, but it's a real truck, 2500. Had the 1/2 ton,1997, gas, Dodge, no comparison. Now have 138k miles, looking at going with a chip. I run 185/70/17s, get 19.4 mpg, at 71mph. city/hwy average 17.6, no load, with bed cover. City and 6x12 box trailer milage 13.2. With trailer and these tires, running around town its a little weak, time to chip.Maintenance has been low, very few problems. Get the Laramie, it's worth it, you will appreciate them, I know I do.

Looks, short bed, the frame is high and hidden by the body, you don't see it hanging down like the Chevy. I like my truck.

The head lights are horrible. I have the best replacement bulds out there. A dealer aggreed, but had no recomendations. The back seat needs more room, the mega cab, please, I just need a little room, not a sleeper. No other complaints.

Way better than Nissan & Toyota
By Kent

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Had a Nissan Titan before this.What a pile of crap it was. Always in for repairs. The Dodge never once has let me down. Looked at the Tundra. Overpriced and very UGLY. I can see why Toyota is trying to give them away now. Nobody wants them. Way to go Dodge. I'm sold. Two of my buddies traded in their Tacoma and Frontiers to get one also.

Seats are great. Great reliability. Way better than Nissan and Toyota Tundra. No service issues unlike Import brands.

More and bigger wheel options.

Bangin
By Cummin

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

My Truck, a 2005, 2500 with the Cummins TD HO is the best truck I have ever owned. Speaking of owned... thats exactly what it does to the Ford and Chevy. It's the most quiet, fuel efficient, smallest engine, and still generates the more power. This truck is amazing. though the 48re is letting me down after 90kmiles ( having trouble shifting in between first and second gear) I still rate it a 10. I have every performance upgrade you can do to the engine.... minus twin turbos and have been running the stock tranny. I'm happy it's lasted this long.

5.9 litre Cummins HO I-6

Good truck
By kelly peek

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

Seats not as good as Ford super duty, but 5.9 diesel makes up for all short comings. Great towing and handling. Average 16 mpg towing 8-10000 lbs, 20-24 hwy .BFG rugged trails bad on wet road . Went to Toyo open country all terrain, no more sliding

5.9, handling, power, mileage

Seats. Door lock solenoid went out

Wonderful Truck
By Scott

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 5M)

My wife and I love my truck. I had a Dodge 1500 and traded it in on my Dodge 2500. The diesel is great and it drives better than any other vehicle I have ever had. The only thing I want now is a Mega Cab 2500. I have 4 boys and we have taken numerous trips for more than 500 miles and the truck was great. The mileage is usually around 22 to 23 mpg. The truck is great.

Drives great with great power.

Be careful in wet weather, the tires spin very easy. The back seats need improvement for comfort, but that is what the Mega Cab did.