2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4.7L V8 6-speed Manual 6.4 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Much better than expected

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Much better than expected
By pchacker on

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've only had it for about 2 months so far but it is truly awesome! I got the "ThunderRoad" edition, which (as best as I can tell) included bigger/better tires/rims, better stereo/speakers, and nerf step up bars. The ride is quite smooth and the interior is very comfortable. Obviously the mileage isn't "peak", but it's a V8 truck for heavens sake so that really shouldn't be a complaint for any owner - that said, however, I've averaged about 18.5 mpg so far and even have a cellphone snapshot of it hitting 21.1 mpg at one point (all highway driving obviously - but 21.1 in a V8 pickup truck...awesome!)

Favorite Features

The high ride and the feeling of overall security. You drive the highway and don't feel you're being moved by a gust of wind off an 18- wheeler...oh, and speaking of, it's so quiet inside - I mean no road noise whatsoever! Oh yeah, and it's American company and American assembly - support the USA.

Suggested Improvements

Only 1 thing - air conditioning. It's a single unit and has no vents in the console for the backseat folks. My wife likes it warmer than I so either she gets cool or I'm too warm, and the kids deal with whatever comes through the vent up front - other than that, it rocks!