Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 254 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Quality problems
By dan

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck has a lot of quality problems. The doors rattle and window seals leak. It now has 42000 miles on it and now has starting problems. My dealer that sold it to me is now out of business and "other" Dodge dealers don't want to fix it. This is the last Dodge product I will buy.

Build a better quality body without door rattles, a better ignition system, and make all Dodge dealers honor Chrysler corp.warranties regardless of where you purchased your vehicle.

Jackson's Quad Cab
By Libbo Hound

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Well so far so good, I really wanted a Ford F150 in the same year, but after driving both and looking at each they were about even (except the Dodge looks more manly man) Now I will say the Ford seem to have more get up and go off the start (I only have the V8 Mag and not the HEMI) but seems smoother all in all. Now, I have 21inch rims on mine now (bad choice if you want a non bumpy ride) but the ride is not as bumpy as my buddies Ford with the same rims and tires. Interior has space and room, I have the front bench seat so six total fit in mine.

I love the room on the interior

Hemi
By kdogg30

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

After owning chevy trucks the last 11 years,this is my first Dodge,and i love it! The handling and suspension is excellent! The 5.7 Hemi is great! This is the best handling truck I have ever driven in snow! I only have had this truck for 15 months, and have 19000 miles, so far no problems. I have owned 3 s-10's(1995,1999,2002)and a 2001 chevy silverado, these vehicles have been very unreliable, after the 3 year 36000 mile warranty expired, repairs were needed. I will find out in 1 or 2 years if the Ram is more reliable than the Chevys! The radio is better than the Chevys, a lot better! This truck is the biggest, baddest, and fastest truck available. This is the best truck available!

5.7 Hemi, overhead console with mpg readings, 20 inch tires, 4wd,and POWER! Faster than any Ford, Chevy, or foreign truck!!

Gas mileage. I average 10 in city and 14 in highway. Worse than the EPA of 13 city and 17 highway. If I would get the EPA ratings I would be happy.

Noisy Beast
By noisy beast

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I traded a Ford F-150 for this truck. Mechanically, I have no issues with this truck. Comfort is another issue. Ride quality is extremely stiif. I know this is a truck, but the Ford is far more forgiving. Wind noise from the ill- fitting doors is unreal. I can slip my fingers in the gap between the windshield and the door. Evan after adding additional rubber to the gap the noise is still annoying. Fuel mileage is poor as well. Maybe it's just me, but 12.5 on the small V-8 could be improved.

Favorite attribute is the engine rumble. It lets you know you're in a truck

Redesign the way the front doors fit around the windshield. Also, let the power windows work after the engine is turned off. The odometer still stays lit up after turning off the key. WHY???

Dodge truck
By millie

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The hemi gives good gas mileage at 65/70 highway-but-drops in city driving to 12/13. ride is excellent and room for 6 passengers except for the shift to 4 wheel drive the person in the front seat does not have much room. OK, for short distances but overall comfortable and a good drive/work/towing truck would highly recomend a test drive and purchase.

Comfortable ride and roomy interior. Fun to drive and the visability is excellent

Remove the 4 wheel drive shifter and use an electric system-or-nove the shifting rod closer to the dash to provide more space to the center passenger.