Used 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Looks good but I think I have a lemon
By dkidd

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

The truck ran good until I hit the 28,000 mile mark where I started to run into engine problems. Looking on www.alldata.com, a internet resource that shows common errors with all makes and models, I found the symptoms I was experiencing. The dealership updated my computer and repaired a couple things. Since then I have been bringing it back just about every month. The lastest trouble was when I was running at 60 and the truck just cut out. The truck only has 34,000 milies on it what kind of build quality is that?

Great truck
By wampus cat

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

No problems. Great truck. Comfortable on long trips. Not much room in back seat,adults would be a little cramped.

Radio doesnt have to be switched from fm1 to fm2 because buttons hold two stations-push button once for 1 preset, then press again for 2nd preset,Very convenient

Make Glove compartment easier to reach from drivers seat. Make cargo light easier to use

I love it, but beware!
By JIMMYRP

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the Dodge 1500 Ram SLT Laramie in March 01. No problems until this year Feb 04, with 1 month left to go on the waranty and 28500 miles the trans began to slip. The truck was tied up for two weeks at the dealer before they finally agreed to repair it. The front tires wear on the outside even though i rotate every 3000 miles and had the front end adjusted at 12000 and 20000 miles. The front wheel bearings will be next I guess.

Interior comfort, front seats are very comfortable. Nice exterior lines.

Improve hvac system. Improve the Dodge service department!

Big and Fast
By I like big trucks

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have the extended cab 5.9L SPORT, I LOVE IT! Itty bitty girl, in a big truck, but hey, it works. I have yet to lose a race =). Flowmasters are a definate must b/c Dodges have a distinct low rumble... yummy. Very roomy in the interior and under the hood, I love working on it. Lacks in rear seat space, pulls to the right, and I have a squeeking noise coming from the front, I just turn up the radio though. Fast for a big heavy truck, and so many extras to put on it. Only thing I hate is the gas mileage. I average 13 mpg. I'm sure racing doesn't help that either though...

Same color grille and bumper on the sport package. 5.9L ENGINE BABY!!! Guys check me out all the time in my big beautiful truck, then I kick their butt in racing... I love it.

GAS MILEAGE SUCKS!!! If I wasn't spending so much on gas every week I could afford to buy all the extras I want to put on this bad boy! Extended cab lacks legs room.

good sofar
By ramifications

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have 34000 miles on my 4by4 slt with the 5.9 in it.Most impressed by its offroad prowess.I remember the first winter i had it.It snowed 17 inches in 1 day,and on a small residential road leading to a recreation area,only half was plowed.The other half had a good 2 ft of snow.Anyways,i drove right thru the 2 ft of snow like a hot knife thru butter.No problems to date.One minor irritation.It has a slight pull to the right.Could be a design flaw,as numerous accounts of this occurance,and no remedy that i know of.

Drivability.Everone complains about the dated 5.9,but it has plenty of power for me

Fix the steering ,Dodge.