2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Awsome Truck!!!
By zachcurtis on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I love this pickup. Its a beatiful powerful machine. You'll pay for the beauty and power when you stop at the gas station.

Could it be WHERE it's built?
By COLORADOROCKY on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have experienced some of the complaints, but drive it so little that I have not really had time to give a "lemon" evaluation. I "think" the tranny may have some problems, the blower on the AC/Htr seems to whir oddly, and the pulling many of us notice was brushed aside as, .."most of them do"(by dealer service dept) As opinions seem split...I would bet it has to do with with whether the vehicle was built in MICH or the other factory (where mine was built). I have had Dodge trucks since 1981...this may be the last, although I may consider a 2500 (why does it have a 9-PLUS rating?). Am going to check it out right now!

only 4x4s
By allright on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Though I have a gas guzzling 360 motor that is not very practical for long trips, the power is definately there when I pull my 24 camper up hills. I bought this vehicle to get me back to the campsite, whether camping, fishing, or hunting and I have had no problem completing the task. I enjoy my truck and have no compaints. The only issue I have seen is that the suspension is a little ruff and the truck gets really squirrelly on rigid dirt roads which is to be expected.

Great Truck
By the_real_JFT on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

It is a fine truck. Capable of towing, hauling, and looking good around town. It's big....and those who like big vehicles will not be disappointed. Get a cold-air induction kit and some flowmasters, and the "underpowered" 5.9 will eat up the road.

Don't buy one
By Keith M on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

cannot stop the truck from pulling to the right. Tried everything. Dealer tried to say it was road slant until I drove them on the other side of the road. In shop 4 times before trans. noise could be identified and fixed. 11mpg on highway, 6mpg pulling 2800lb. boat. Terrible mileage. Service sucks.

OK, until warranty expires.
By Otto on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

A comfortable truck, with OK performance, horrible mileage. Now that the warranty is about to expire, things have started to go wrong. The dealership has been worthless (they haven't corrected ONE problem that I have had). The truck sputters and moans when the motor is cold. Transmission is starting to slip. Also a popping noise in the front end when turning. I am trading it off. Too bad, as I really enjoy driving it.

No Problems
By Goatman on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Dodge Ram with the 5.2L engine and I've had no problems. It tows a camper well and I haven't found anything it can't haul. The gas mileage stinks but I knew that before I bought it. It's been a reliable truck that is a pleasure to drive as long as there's a gas station nearby.

Great Truck
By Tjsoos on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

An excellent truck. Not the first first truck I've ever driven, but the first one I've owned. The ride is above any other truck on the market. I often have chevy and ford owners riding with me that comment on how much smoother the ride is in my truck.

Good Truck
By ramluvr on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my Ram for exactly one year and the only problem I have had is the drivers side map light stop working and the switch had to be replaced.It is roomy,comfortable and has a great ride. Plenty of power but hard on fuel but what do you expect? It's a truck.

Look out for some Dodge products!
By Can't beleive it! on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have the 5.9L V8, and does it drink the gas! Especailly on windy days. I bought it new in June 2001, and all I have had is problems. Drove the truck off the lot with the check engine light on. The dealership said it was possible I had air in the line somewhere. I took it in and the dealership tried to fix it with putting in a new Torque Converter and a Boost Valve. That fixed for a while until about 5000 miles when the Transmission went! Then it was just one thing after another from there! The four wheel drive stopped working, they said it was a leaky hose! Throttle body, steering column etc.,