2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Canadian Chrysler Intrepid - Better Engine
By kipstorm on 07/28/13 11:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

After 235,000 miles, I finally had to lay her to rest. Many mechanics will tell you the 2.7 Chrysler engines have a timing chain problem but this one was made in Canada and I had no problems; the engine was quiet on the last day. (Wife had same engine but made in USA and all the problems.) Through the years, I replaced: strut assemblies, coolant hose, normal batteries and brakes, lights. It was solid; best car I've ever owned. Goodbye, I'll miss you.

not as bad as expected
By moncton on 08/06/11 07:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

bought this car last winter for $2,000/135,000km. Spent some on new front rotors & pads, new plugs, flush coolant. after 6 months, replace brake lines (ouch) 1,000. checked mpg today 24 mpg imperial, mixed hwy & city. 9.7L/100km. not too bad, burns a little oil, nice ride, smooth.

Will miss you RIP 186510 miles!!!!! thank you
By kjroadrunner68 on 07/30/11 11:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought my first car 2000. Sad day today 7-30-11 just drove it to the junk yard to be crushed ending miles 186,510. I cannot complain about it to much. No major problems with anything only issue was A/C went about 5 years ago and driver side window seemed like it was always coming out of track. I would totally buy another one if they were still made. She was a good car and was a blast to drive in the New York winters!!!! Got $400 better then trading it in. Thank you for your loyal service. R.I.P.

my 2000 intrepid 2.7L V6 automatic gets 20city 30hwy mpg
By wolfmagic on 07/02/11 20:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

my intrepid 2.7L V6 automatic 4-sp 202hp 244,000 kms continuously gets 20city 30hwy mpg - calculated many times since 2008 per: fillup, note odo, drive 3/4 tank, fillup at same exact pump, run formula. and that's with 2 passengers, a full trunk @70 lbs, a headlamp-sized hole in the front end causing drag, a/c on, rear windows 2" open for convertible effect, 70-80F, going 68-70mph on canadian hwy. city driving includes ample stops/lights/traffic. style is semi-aggressive aka giving-gas when in doubt to merge, overtake, make yellows, off the line, as necessary. i have to wonder if brutally cold winters somehow plays a role (its all the car has known)

165k and going
By rhetorical tool on 07/28/10 18:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 2000, only in the shop a couple of times - water pump was biggest thing. Fun to drive, lots of interior room, excellent mileage for the size, nice styling. Still a daily driver.

First vehicle, I loved it, i miss it.
By Jm on 04/08/10 12:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and i absolutely loved it, had to fix a few things when i first got it because the previous owner didn't take care of it but after that it was perfect. It was incredibly comfortable inside, handled really well especially for its size, good power (i had the bigger V6), and for its size the gas mileage was pretty darn good. The only reason i don't have it anymore is because I got into a pretty serious wreck with a Buick Century and I'm pretty sure this car saved my life or at least my spine. Would buy another one if i could in a second great buy!

Such a disappointment
By adrianita458 on 04/02/10 08:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car yesterday at a car auction. i knew that buying any car at an auction, i was going to have a lot of things to fix but i never expected anything like this. I left the car auction and was on my way home with the car and i kept hearing this knocking noise. it kept getting louder and louder so i was going to take it to my mechanic when the car practically just quit on me. would start at first but made awful noise. my mechanic said engine (2.7) is bad! so i'm stuck. didn't even get the car home. reviews on this car is terrible! take a look before buying. i'm going to try & get a 3.2 engine. don't know if it will work though. wish i would have known before i got it..

Worst car ever!
By jay spivak on 10/21/09 12:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Had more problems with this car then any other. Very poor quality. Rims rusted. Interior door lining fall off. All kinds of mechanical problems. Vent system in fuel filler. Computer. Brakes. Windows. Door locks break, door won't open. Engine light issues. Winshield Wipers, electrical problems, oil light. goes on and on! And it only has 57,000 miles on it. Well kept and always serviced! A real LEMON!

2.7 L Engine Problems
By Todd N. on 06/27/09 08:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this Dodge Intrepid for my 87-year old Mother. It had 32,000 miles and I had it checked out by the local Dodge dealer who gave it his stamp of approval.I had the dealer flush the engine and replace the oil with synthetic and a 5 micron oil filter. When I picked up the car, a mechanic told me very quietly, “This won’t help.” He knew what I was trying to avoid. He said these engines are junk. I gave the car to my Mother and she was very happy, for about 1500 miles when the engine blew due to an “Oil Sludge” problem, so said the dealer. I ended up buying a kit to have a 3.2L installed. It is still on the road today but this will be my last Chrysler I ever own.

204000 miles before retirement
By tc on 06/10/09 21:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I loved this car and hated to junk it. However, I got my money out of this car. I brought it brand new with 7 mile on it. I had to buy to 2 rebulit transmissions $1900 each time. I got an oil change every 4-5 weeks because I drove 750 miles a week. I had to replace the brakes quit often and the seal around the doors would not stay on. The car was a good car but the transmissions where the only major problems that I had with the intrepid. I wish Dodge would make better transmissions. I will always LOVE the car and the 204000 miles speaks volume. R.I.P Trepy 10/18/1999-06/05/2008