2002 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: My SUV

2002 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

SLT 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

My SUV
By Bryan on

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My Durango belonged to my grandmother who worked on the assembly line in Detroits Dodge factory so it means a lot to me. It runs like a dream my friends love it we call it the Dragon! Smooth ride gr8 handing reminds me of my BMW around turns, keep up with the oil changes, rotate the tires for stability. Acceleration is AMAZING better than the 2010 BMW X5 mine has 72,600 on it put 1,300 on it this weekend on a trip from VA to Detroit and it was gr8 very reliable. Ive seen Durangos with 190k on them. gr8 SAFE 1st car for high school/college students. Ive been in 2 front end collisions in it and walked away from both without a scratch even on the 40 mph collision the medic was shocked

I like the power under the hood the engine sounds gr8 Leather looks gr8 after all these years trunk in ground storage is gr8 sound system is gr8 for a stock system 4wd is amazing in the snow and mud a college students dream holds up Gr8 in accidents! Jerked the wheel going 70 mph and NO roll!

Breaks worry me at times breaking hard sometimes they slip, improve the quality of interior parts. Everything is plastic Mopar could learn a thing or 2 from European manufactures.