2002 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: I love my Dodge

2002 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

Base Regular Cab Pickup (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.5 ft. Bed)

I love my Dodge
By Cal on

2002 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my truck since it had 27 miles on it and it currently sits at a hair below 130k. Besides the water pump going bad and it still running fine for 3 years until it finally exploded, I've had not a lick of problems. Other then the standard oil changes around 5k miles and only 2 tuneups, I haven't touched a single thing otherwise. This truck has been through hell and back and still starts at the turn of a key. 2500 lbs of block in the bed couldn't hurt this truck. Beaten and abused is the best way to put it and its still my daily driver. IF it ever dies, i will indeed be looking for my next dakota. Excellent truck. By far the best vehicle I've owned.

The whole thing. Truck runs great, seats are comfortable and the stock sound system is part of the things that dreams are made of

gas mileage, unfortunately. It's a Dodge, it loves gas. Pros def outweigh the 1 con that could also happen to be my foot