Used 2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

2001 4.7L Club Cab
By canudrivestick

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Awsome truck. I inherrited it from my dad after I recieved my license almost 2 years ago. The only problem was he had driven it 190k miles before it got to me! So for the past two years I have enjoyed driving the truck and its pretty much perfect for me because of it maneuverability, power, and reliability. Unfortunately after 209,132 miles it has reached the end of the line. Will need serious work to fix the manifold and likely more after that. But with 12 years of driving in four season weather (brutal New England winters) and 210k miles how can I complain. Will be very sad to see it go.

4WD V8

A more complete center console...however it would eliminate the extra seat

Would I do it again ? NO
By fatuglyold

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Dodge Dakota, October 2000 for $22,000, from a Shelton dealership that was a pleasure to buy from. A crew cab with a V-8 , plenty of power for towing my twenty foot trailer. It was the perfect fit for my growing family of four. It ran great for the first couple of years. It needs a new fuel pump to replace a check valve. It has had two radiators, a new AC pump, new front brakes and needs a new rear end. Will I buy another Dodge ? NO

It is a pleasure to drive. Plenty of power and comfort. But it will nick and dime you with maintance before you get to the first 100,000 miles. Jap cars will run for 200,00 before any maintance.

So Ií am in the market to get a new truck. So I check out the new trucks from both Dodge and Ford. So I go to their web sites and check out the features and prices are crazy !!! A great truck with all the features will run $55,000 dollars are you kidding me, My first house cost $55,000 dollars. Then, I see every truck on one lot has the smokers package, An ash tray and lighter cost an extra $30.00 . GPS, cameras and Satellite radio are excessive. So my point is that cars and trucks have become over built, over featured and overpriced. That customers have finally had enough of sticker shock and have refused to spend their hard earned money on over featured and low quality product

Dakota Quad 4.7 V-8
By robmir1

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 that I purchased in 2009 and it had 138,000 km I drove it only on occasion but now it is a 4.7 automatic daly driver and I have to say that it will handle what ever I make it do!. Wow My truck takes better care of me then I do of it... go figure? I believe that this truck was built on the right day of the week as it is not a lemon. And it is true about what day of the week it was built! Anyway I would buy a Dodge in a heart beat again and again.

Still Ticking
By D Coop

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Saw some of the posts with mileage and thought I would post mine. I mine is a 4.7 have 219,800 and still going strong. Starting to use a little oil but what can you expect with those miles?

Best Truck Ever
By dmtrask

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this truck new in August 2001 and have enjoyed it ever since. Plenty of power from the 4.7L V8, great body style, and reliable from the get-go. I have 165,000 miles on the truck and it doesn't eat a lick of oil between changes (every 3000 miles). Best of all, it does everything I ask of it. It tows my trailer with no problem at all, hauls most anything that will fit in the bed, and doesn't seem to be pressed no matter what the cargo.

Best part of the truck is the engine/transmission. The 4.7L V8 is strong enough for any task and the acceleration is great. The transmission shifts smoothly with no power lag. Overall, very well engineered and a joy to drive.

Had some problems with the automatic window/motors. Had to replace three of the four so far. No other issues that are out of norm for the mileage and age of the vehicle.