2008 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: Everything I thought and more

2008 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

R/T Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Everything I thought and more
By John on

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just got back from a 10 day 4,000 mi vacation. I could not be any happier, other than a little softer seats, but it is a sport ride suspension. In dash mpg usually a little high (1-2 mpg) but I want to say this, I drove this on the interstate at speeds around 85-90 mph and through the Rockies and I never got less than 25 mpg in the mountains (with plenty of power) 27-30 on the hwy. The c-pillar blind spot is a little bad also but I knew about that before I ordered this car. I plan on having this for a long time so after working for gm for 17 yrs. I will take the plastic over the vinyl, cloth or leather that either shrinks, gets stained, torn, falls apart or has to be maintained w/special cleaners.

Favorite Features

Auto up and down frt. Windows. Boston acoustics stereo. I am 41 and still like to turn it up. The handling is awesome, better than my altima and I loved my altima. Remote start is very nice. Powering down the Windows, with the unlock button, as your walking up to it, so it exhausts the heat, is really great.

Suggested Improvements

Molded frt.mud guards. Seats could be more comfortable but I can live with them. Not charging extra for certain colors. ALL MINOR!