Used 2001 Chrysler Voyager Base Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chrysler Voyager - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chrysler Voyager

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:

Works for me
By ibnyussuf

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Bought my 2001 late 2004 as the second owner, it had 40,000 miles on it. At 90,000 decided that doing preventative repairs would be cheaper than a new used car whose history I didn't know. Changed the shocks, struts/springs, rack & pinion steering, timing belt, tune up, radiator and transmission flush, brakes and a number of other things that escape memory. It now has around 103,000 miles and it is my primary transport. I am a single man and removed the bench seats and have used it for camping trips and hauling furniture. I also renovated my house and used this van to haul everything from Lowe's or Home Depot including sacks of cement. I have a love/hate relationship with this vehicle.

Inexpensive as a do it everything vehicle. I have the 4 cylinder and the 6 would have been a better buy, only 1 or 2 mpg difference.

ok
By turk

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

bought car with 10,000 mi at 20.000 passenger power window stopped working. this van has had new stabalizer bars at 100,000 mi battery,alternator at 200.000 mi and now the transmission is shot. took my family safely around country 4 times pulling a u-haul trailer. i hate this van because i needed it just a little longer. born jan 2001 died jan 2010 cause of death transmission failure and many nagging ailments. 210,983mi.

tough

easier way to repair

Reliable van that grew with my kids!!
By MOTHER OF 4

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I've always loved my van, I bought it new. When my kids were small they always had enough space not to be "touching" each other. As they grew older the middle seats were taken out to accommodate their ever growing bodies. I've had no problems with it apart from the usual; battery, brakes, and tires until the a/c evaporator gave out at 100,000 miles, followed by the a/c compressor at 140,000 and two weeks later the a/c blower motor! Now at 147,000 miles the transmission has given up...I'm waiting for an estimate, sadly wondering whether it's worth keeping. For those of you who are thinking of getting one I have nothing bad to say about it, it does what it's supposed to do and does it well.

Ability to take seats in and out as needed. I've transported a 3 seater couch and a twin bed with the back door closed.

A/c in the back, paint that doesn't peel on the roof.

Poor Quality
By Bob B

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

At 60K miles: Three transmissions replaced,A/C replaced, stabilizer link pins replaced, rust bubbling through paint, P/S pump replaced, brakes all the way around. This has been a nightmare vehicle. I seriously maintain my vehicles to avoid these problems, but this car can not be helped! Next vehicle will be foreign.

I like my Chrysler
By BuyCanadian

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Good not great car. Had 1 recall handled and 1 that should have been but wasn't (THE NHSTA had made them fix about 7 other years for the same item). My model year they skipped, but since it was the a faulty airbag watch spring, I paid out of pocket to make sure the bag didn't deploy on me during my daily commute. Chrysler-Daimler customer service was horrid. My friends who have Mercedes say the same thing. Anyway this car is great on the highway and for long trips. It doesn't carry as much cargo as you would expect. It does carry people though. 3 rows of seats. Good safe car for those with little ones. Will trade soon just because of the lousy city gas mileage.

The AC. View while driving. Climbing in and out.

Radio is a pain to search. 3rd seat hard to lift out.