2001 Chrysler Voyager 2.4L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2001 Chrysler Voyager - Consumer Reviews

Base Passenger Minivan (2.4L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:
Works for me
By ibnyussuf on 01/12/13 07:53 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Bought my 2001 late 2004 as the second owner, it had 40,000 miles on it. At 90,000 decided that doing preventative repairs would be cheaper than a new used car whose history I didn't know. Changed the shocks, struts/springs, rack & pinion steering, timing belt, tune up, radiator and transmission flush, brakes and a number of other things that escape memory. It now has around 103,000 miles and it is my primary transport. I am a single man and removed the bench seats and have used it for camping trips and hauling furniture. I also renovated my house and used this van to haul everything from Lowe's or Home Depot including sacks of cement. I have a love/hate relationship with this vehicle.

ok
By turk on 01/02/10 09:58 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

bought car with 10,000 mi at 20.000 passenger power window stopped working. this van has had new stabalizer bars at 100,000 mi battery,alternator at 200.000 mi and now the transmission is shot. took my family safely around country 4 times pulling a u-haul trailer. i hate this van because i needed it just a little longer. born jan 2001 died jan 2010 cause of death transmission failure and many nagging ailments. 210,983mi.

Reliable van that grew with my kids!!
By MOTHER OF 4 on 08/30/09 09:11 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I've always loved my van, I bought it new. When my kids were small they always had enough space not to be "touching" each other. As they grew older the middle seats were taken out to accommodate their ever growing bodies. I've had no problems with it apart from the usual; battery, brakes, and tires until the a/c evaporator gave out at 100,000 miles, followed by the a/c compressor at 140,000 and two weeks later the a/c blower motor! Now at 147,000 miles the transmission has given up...I'm waiting for an estimate, sadly wondering whether it's worth keeping. For those of you who are thinking of getting one I have nothing bad to say about it, it does what it's supposed to do and does it well.

Poor Quality
By Bob B on 07/05/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

At 60K miles: Three transmissions replaced,A/C replaced, stabilizer link pins replaced, rust bubbling through paint, P/S pump replaced, brakes all the way around. This has been a nightmare vehicle. I seriously maintain my vehicles to avoid these problems, but this car can not be helped! Next vehicle will be foreign.

I like my Chrysler
By BuyCanadian on 08/02/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Good not great car. Had 1 recall handled and 1 that should have been but wasn't (THE NHSTA had made them fix about 7 other years for the same item). My model year they skipped, but since it was the a faulty airbag watch spring, I paid out of pocket to make sure the bag didn't deploy on me during my daily commute. Chrysler-Daimler customer service was horrid. My friends who have Mercedes say the same thing. Anyway this car is great on the highway and for long trips. It doesn't carry as much cargo as you would expect. It does carry people though. 3 rows of seats. Good safe car for those with little ones. Will trade soon just because of the lousy city gas mileage.

Crysler voyager
By Patti on 01/12/07 13:25 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I never thought of myself as a mini-van kind of person. However with the birth of our third child it seemed inevitable. It fits them comfortably and allows room for more people or groceries. The space is great. My only complaints are as follows, I don't like the spaces for the seat tracks because when kneeling to buckle a seatbelt for my son they can really hurt my knees.The other problem I've had with it is electrical. Everytime I use the air conditioning the van starts to shake. The dealership has not fixed it after several trips to them.

Good reliable utility minivan
By mike on 10/14/05 09:55 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

4 cylinder only lacks passing power when loaded. It is a 150 hp engine with great reliabilty and a great trans. No repairs at 75,000 miles. gas mileage aveages 23-24.

I love it
By Imran on 08/31/05 17:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I have Voyager for the last four years. It's very comfortable and steering handling are exceptionally good. I realized it when I bought Honda Civic in 2002

Like driving a Laz-Z-Boy
By blueskies18 on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I know everyone sneers at mini-vans the way interior designers sneer at recliner chairs. But we still keep buying vans and recliners because they provide confort. Frankly, when I am on the road, I like my driving experiences to be pleasant, confortable and as stress-free as possible. That's why I love my Chrysler Voyager. They have been working on perfecting min- vans for years and they got it right.

Minivans get a bad rap
By whippingpostguy on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

If I told you about a average performing vehicle that could tote around 6 friends, haul home a 8'x8' shed in a box, carry a sofa completely protected from the weather, you'd think it'd be something you'd like, until I gave you the keys and said, it's the Blue minivan over there....