POOR WORKMANSHIP AT IT'S BEST
By lemonsbeware on
2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I am about to trade my '06 Pacifica in. Since I bought it: left front axle broke as I was leaving a parking space, emissions leak x 2, ABS malfunctions, lose power steering after driving in the rain, car shuts off immediately after sharp left turns, replaced struts. Now: front and rear motor bearings must be replaced, entire oil pan needs to be replaced, belt tensioner needs to be replaced, AND THIS DOESNT COVER THE OTHER EXHISTING PROBLEMS. I am a single mom of two. I do not drive like a lunatic and I use it to run local errands; take me and the kids to and from school and work. This car has cost me so much money it makes me want to cry.
Favorite Features
Small storage areas all around car. Third row seat (but very cramped for adults). Lots of cup holders. Individual pop on/pop off reading lights for every seat. Cushy seats. Not terrible with gas mileage (about $70 per week in gas with average use).
Suggested Improvements
Please Chrylser, take some time to care about the safety of those who will most likey use the car...families with children. THIS CAR IS NOT SAFE. Improve reliability and improve workmanship. Also, gloss to exterior paint started peeling one year after I bought it. This car is only 5 years old.
By chaffuer_of_6
on 01/17/12 15:27 PM (PST)

Well, after 5 years and 150,000 miles in all different kinds of terrain and weather, I can safely say I have never experienced any of the problems you have mentioned. "Replace the entire oil pan?" Were you driving 90 mph through a large boulder field? After all the miles, my oil pan hardly even has any scratches (little lone dents/cracks/gouges) in it. I am sorry to say you must have either goten a lemon or have a really shady mechanic...