2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2003 Venture Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Sort Reviews by

My Last GM Product
By soind

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van started falling apart at about 50000 miles. Door handles breaking, DVD player quit working, backup sensors quit working, seat side plastic plate broke to name a few. It now has 105,000 miles on it and I took it to the dealer with a list of things I would like to have repaired and asked them to give the van a good once over for problems. The total came up to roughly $5,000. The good ol' manifold gakset needed replaced, new shocks and struts, new brakes and rotors, a new computer, new plugs and wires and they wanted $183 dollars to fix the cheap plastic seat side plate. I'm going to have the stuff repaired, but not by those crooks. My 1997 Nissan Quest has 206,000 miles. Hmmm.

Favorite Features

A comfy ride with plenty of room and good on gas (avg 26mpg

Suggested Improvements

Hire new design engineers.

Great Family Vehicle
By ckp

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We've had out van for 3 years, and we love it. The dual power sliding doors, DVD entertainment, and 8 passenger seating are awesome. We drove 2006 Toyota and Honda models hoping to upgrade some new features, like the side windows that roll all the way down. There are some nice new toys, but all in all, the ride, comfort, and seating provided by our van can't be beat. We can still fit our family of 5 very comfortably in the van with the rear seat folded flat and loaded down for vacation. We didn't find any other van with seating that compared to the 3 buckets in ours. All the other features are still very similar. Buy a good used Venture, and save your money over the new versions.

Favorite Features

The three bucket seats in the middle row - no bench! The DVD entertainment system is awesome as well.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy needs to make our van with roll down windows on the side, improved fuel economy - get highway to 30 MPG and we'd buy another.

This Chevy Venture is our last U.S. car
By chris beyer

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car because of a great deal that resulted from being a GM supplier (my company). This 2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner edition is a piece of junk. At 40,000 miles, the rear hatch pneumatic devices that hold it up when loading failed. At 50,000 miles the traction control and cruise control don't work anymore. We wonder what's next. The engine (176 HP six cylinder) accelerates more like a 4 cylinder. The interior build quality is poor throughout. All in all the vehicle is a piece of junk. GM deserves to lose marketshare with products like the Venture.

Favorite Features

The Warner bros package features an excellent audio/video system that our children enjoy on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Wouldnt know where to start but I will try. First, build a quality vehicle that dosent result in short term failure of parts and features (traction control and cruise control). Secondly, put a competitive six cylinder engine with 225+ horsepower.

Practical, lots of nice features
By CPHV

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We traded down - or up? - from a 94 Suburban. The Venture has AWD, not 4WD, and gets 12 mpg better. The DVD, wireless headphones are great for our 5-year-old on long trips. There's lots of room for people and their stuff. We had to have a AWD sensor replaced but a year and a half later, we are as pleased with the Venture as when we bought it.

Favorite Features

The overhead console with mpg (very accurate), compass, thermometer etc. DVD, cd, cassette. Sliding power door Gas mileage better than advertised. Never worse than 18 in the city - with AWD. Excellent stereo. Quiet on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Tachometer and voltmeter.

2003 Venture Warner Bros
By JerryV

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

So far the 2003 Venture has been a very reliable and versatile vehicle. It is comfortable on long trips and the gas mileage is averaging around 21 miles per gal. I have used it for trips to the lumber yard to pick up lumber and materials and with all rears seats folding flat is makes it very easy to load.

Favorite Features

DVD player really helps to entertain the grandkids on long trips and the leather seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

could use a little more horsepower.

Great van
By copo

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van drives like a car. Out of the other vans I drove this van gives more bang for the buck. It has good power,yet good gas mileage. I got the Warner Brother package for only $22,400.

Seating for 8
By novemberme

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have the WB edition. We have seating for 8. It's a solid vehicle. I am not blown away by it but I am not disappointed in it either. The third seat will fit three mid-sized kids. Don't bother putting a car seat back there if you need all the seating positions - it will take up two. The middle seating position in both rows only has a lap belt. It is also difficult to get the outer seats in the second row to pop forward to enter the back row. On the positive side, the van has great pickup - it doesn't lag even with the A/C. Cargo is good. Seating is confortable and the ride is smooth. Dual power doors are a nice bonus too.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the on-star integrated phone. Very handy and safe. I like the lift-up cargo in the back as well.

Suggested Improvements

Third seat should fold flat. PLEASE redesign the rear door - I really hurt my head on that corner and it's almost happened to three other people when closing the door. VERY poor design there.

Best mini van in the market
By Diego

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is by far the best family vehicle I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Entertainment system with DVD, dual auto sliding doors, head cutain/side inpact air bags,leather seats, ON STAR,8 pasenger seating,

Suggested Improvements

none that I can think of

Service gets to see it alot
By Kristin68

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have to say when I first got the Venture, I was thrilled. It fit 8 people comfortably, the kids had room and entertainment. However, in 1 year I have had the brakes replaced and the rotors. The rotors cannot be turned on a Venture....strike one Then we had to get a new Hub Kit...the wheel bearing went....strike 2 Not sure I would get this one again. Expensive van and something we purchase as a safe reliable family vehicle.

Favorite Features

I think it is very peppy, very rarely do I get beat off the line :)

Suggested Improvements

The cordless headphones are a poor design. The designers should know that children are the ones that will be wearing them, however my 5 year old, even in a booster seat, isn't tall enough for the signal to reach to the sensor on the headphones.

My vacation
By jayb

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My first Venture was a lemon being towed three times in one week. The last time being the Friday I was leaving for Vacation. My plans where to go to Florida with my grandchildren and spending the day in a dealer ship (Meisner)was not my idea of a good start. After getting a lawyer and GM buying that one we really liked the van so we went to a different dealership and purchase our new one. We have not had any problems with this one and its great when you have 5 grandchildren.

Favorite Features

dvd player, seat that fold up or can be removed. POWER DOORS

Suggested Improvements

More than two sets of ear phones. A thin pad to cover the back when kids are sleeping. A center console between the front seats.