2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Long term Venture
By Rich Little on 04/13/07 08:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Van now has 92k on it. Just replaced the intake manifold gasket and the water pump and thermostat. The gasket has been leaking slowly since it was new but I started getting a little coolant in the oil so I changed it. Heat/ac diverter does not work anymore, blows half defrost and half panel all the time. No big deal I guess. Other than tires brakes and filters and lube the van has run great since day one. Paint still shines and interior is holding up fine. The 3.4 motor is adequate but a little noise if you push it hard. Van handles better than any other van I've ever driven. I'd plan to buy another in 3 yrs or so.

Zero confidence
By Hayhoe Family Holt on 07/10/06 11:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value 4dr Minivan

I purchase the brand new vehicle in Sept. '99. By Dec. '99 it had been towed away a total of 3 times; transmission short, faulty transmission ball bearing, faulty EFI. At 44,000 miles faulty manifold gasket. Poor fit and trim with small items breaking off, and the vehicle loves to rattle. I am still afraid to drive this, but have limited options.

We like our Chevy Venture
By Iacono on 06/07/06 23:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan 4dr Minivan

We have excelent service. Bought the seven year warranty and it has paid for itself. A good car for elderly folks [70 something].

Great vehicle, but we've had problems
By duraflex on 05/09/06 08:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I have owned 5 GM cars over the last 25 years and although I generally like the Venture, it has failures I've never had experienced before. The two biggest have been the head gasket issue on the 3.1L engine (almost $600) and now the A/C has died which will cost another $600-$800. These 2 items seem like common problems on this van. The negatives are the big servicing issues. I don't expect this from a GM product. I really hate to say this but it will make me question whether to buy GM in the future.

Worthless after 200,000 km
By B MacAvelia on 02/06/06 13:14 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus 4dr Ext Minivan

Not bad if you don't drive much. Lego kit used to put interior together. Leaking manifold gasket, coolant problems, gas gauge either full or low, poor lighting for night driving, electrical problems constant; pwr.windows, pwr. door locks, oil light reset is difficult to reset, and when it reaches 200,000 km it's scrap metal. AC/heater problems only worked on high. Removable seats are too heavy and are not that easy to remove or put back into place. Money pit in almost every way. Very poor value for the price.

Venture impressions
By Jim S. on 01/14/06 15:30 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

An OK vehicle except for the intake gasket failures that they refused to warranty and the horrible resale value. Good for transporting kids and their assorted stuff. Electrical problems are showing up with regularity. Am experiencing some transmission trouble - it's starting to shift hard into overdrive. Due to price and mechanical issues i will not buy another one.

I like my Venture
By Dean on 12/28/05 08:07 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought my 2000 Venture new in Sept 1999 and I still love it. We put an average of 18,000 miles a year on the car and drive it all over the country with 3 kids every summer. It has plenty of room for kids and stuff and everyones happy. Our van currently has 110,000 miles on it and is still going strong. Haven't had any major problems just normal wear and tear. Overall a great van for a family that likes to travel.

Lemon Hall-of-Fame!!
By andslat on 11/13/05 23:52 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value 4dr Minivan

Well all I have to say is...RUN! Do not buy this vehicle! We bought this vehicle brand-new & we bought it because of the 0%/60mos finacing offered by GMAC. Next time I would suck up the interest and buy foreign, or at least anything but GM! Intake manifold is the latest & greatest of our problems..awaiting final estimate! Many electrical problems, poor fuel mileage, rear hatch handle broke, rear windshield fluid replaced several times, cup-holders broken, etc. I am a "religious upkeep snob" on cars & take great care of my vehicles, but it doesn't matter in this case because GM's major engineering flaws. If you claim to love this vehicle...just wait, your day will come! BIG MISTAKE!

Mine was made on a holiday!
By SDenney on 08/17/05 14:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS 4dr Minivan

When we bought this car, we purchased an extended warranty. Unfortunately it was a dealer (MPP) warranty but we did not know this. The motor went out at 29,000 miles and we were forced to replace it!! The warranty only covered a portion of the cost plus a junkyard motor!! Lots of maintenance cost associated with it too! Little things like the blinker lights are expensive not to mention the back light panel.

Bad Chevy
By Bill on 08/07/05 08:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan

This has been the minivan from hell. GM put in a new kind of head gasket. The bad news is that it has to be changed when you get a coolant leak anywhere from 40,000 to 60,000 miles. All kinds of electrical probiems. Stay away from the Ventures. If you have one, Good luck. Mine is in the shop now. This is going to be the 4th alternator put on in a year.