What a machine
By N Virginia on
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)
A fine quality car that I use for just about anything. Lots of luggage space and the seating area is very comfortable. I drive this car on the back road twisties, to work, and to the grocery store. The steering is precise with plenty of feedback sliding through the corners at over 1g on the heads up display. All in perfect control in a perfectly balanced car (on a track of course). The shifter is perfect as well as the pedals and steering wheel now that it adjusts fore and aft in the Z. The more you learn about this car, the better it gets. You can tell that this car has had tons of R&D.
Favorite Features
The power of this engine is wonderful, but talk about efficiency! On a recent trip, I got 27mpg and averaged 70.2mph on the highway. I didn't buy this car for gas mileage, but this must be the most efficient car per horsepower on the planet. Other exotics get 12mpg and I couldn't drive them to work!
Suggested Improvements
Gauge/interior lights should be able to dim to a lower level and off. Other than that, this a perfect example of American quality.