2009 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: New Colorado Owner

2009 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

LT Crew Cab Pickup (2.9L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic 5.1 ft. Bed)

New Colorado Owner
By David S on

2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a truck that offers the following options: fuel efficiency, room for four tall adults/teenagers, and light duty hauling for the occasional new appliance or household item. No towing requirements. It came down to a choice between the Tacoma and Colorado. As long time Toyota 4- Runner owner (216,000 miles), I became a first time Chevy owner based on the extra leg room in the back, a few additional stock features, and overall price savings of about $2k. I usually keep my vehicles for 10-15 years. The 4-cylinder obviously doesn't have the power of a V8, but is peppy enough for my use. Time will tell if my choice was right, but so far I'm very pleased.

Comfortable, smooth handling, and quiet ride. Feels like a mid-size sedan on the road. 19-20 MPG in city. Roomy for growing teenagers. Bed large enough for light maint. Stylish, especially the front grill with various lighting. XM radio, CD, OnStar. Servicing access easy for self maintenance.

Recommend factory installation of rubber foot pad on driver's side for left foot to prevent wear on floor carpet. Offer more interior color options besides Ebony. Offer key lock for tailgate. Factory installed bedrails (Frontier & Tacoma) would be a plus.