$15,000 Nightmare
By Harry on
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
Well, to sum it up in one word, the word "nightmare" comes to mind. The car is actually very nice to drive, handles better than my Mustang ever did, and it has just enough pep to get me into trouble. However, let me tell you the bad about it. There is this rather loud, annoying rattle, which can not be figured out by two different dealerships. Had it in five times, parts replaced every time, and still nothing. Also, it has this little issue that makes it not start at the most of inconvenient of times. No one can figure that one out either. I will tell you that to me, this car is the biggest waste of money, and "GM integrity" that I have ever encountered. GM: Build a better Cobalt!
Favorite Features
Very peppy, handles like a dream, and somewhat comfortable. Nice link between 2.2 ecotec and 5 speed manual
Suggested Improvements
Needs more quality parts. I have had the steering column, intermediate steering shaft, left front strut, lower control arm bushing, and have had several things 'tightened up', and I have also done the brakes on it already! I have only put 16,000 miles, folks. Wow!