2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
AVOID! ANY OTHER CAR WOULD BE BETTER!
By aveosucks on 09/26/11 10:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Good: Cute and has onstar and XM. Bad: Having the Aveo5 for not even 2 years, if I added up all the repairs (warranty or not) they would exceed the cost of the car. Cheap if you can't afford ANY other subcompact but built only to drive to the store and back. Car was in for repairs within 48 hours of purchase. Suggestion: buy a LENGTHY and comprehensive warranty, you'll need it!

Disappointing but...
By ScootsG8 on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aveo5LT in August of '09 after getting a job an hour from home. I drive rural highways nearly all the way. A 15mph wind makes it unnerving and a 25 mph wind makes it downright scary. Being in MN, it's difficult to get around in snow with the small tires and short clearance. I'm averaging 31 mpg on the highway and that's not enough. It's loud, not really well-built and to be honest, it's easy to imagine heavy damage meeting anything larger than a mailbox, should you get in an accident. The oil filters are spendy. Suzuki builds the for Chevrolet. The only saving grace of the Aveo is the room. I'm 6'3" and have no issues with headroom in the car. Value is so-so.

great value for little car.
By tnt on 04/22/10 11:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When my wife first got it i called it a clown car becouse its looks so small, but its peppy and fun to drive. way more comfortable than you would think and the back seats are more comfortable than the other baby cars on the market. we tested most of them,exept the ford dont know why.could get better milage. bring back the geo metro.

GAVE IT UP AFTER 10 MOS.
By LEON on 03/09/10 00:31 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After 10 mos and more rattles than my old 99 Chevy. I decided when the front end began to squeek and rattle when going over light dip and bump, I knew then with all the other rattle with the back seats and rear tire storage tire area, this vehicle wasn't going to be the car for me. Also the power wasn't the best even going up a incline such as a raised bridge incline and definately was not meant to mountain travel as I found out twice. Overall it's a South Korean made economy car, good gas mileage for flat road travel, cramped inside spacing, and the cup holder well, what were they thinking?. Tired of wind up cars and poor workmanship.

AVEO NOT USA MADE LIKE I WAS TOLD
By LEON on 02/21/10 09:49 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Wanted to buy American to stimulate economy. Salesman agreed showed me the gas economical Aveo. After esearching and buying found is MADE IN SOUTH KOREA! No where in the reviews or paper workI read did it say Korean made. When hit slight bump or rut in road, hear popping noise at suspecsion area. Also when turn sharp. Gas mileage: 32- 34 best after 6 mos.Interior: design is fair but cheap plastic. Back fold down seats rattle when up normal. Body quality poor at best. All ready bumper peeling by trunk. For the price, buy Toyota. They tell truth.

34mpg Yeah right going down hill!!!!!!!!
By 34mpg YEAH right on 08/29/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had this car for nearly a year. Never once has this thing busted 27mpg. Must have been some good grass the day the EPA got a hold of this one. Rides OK, looks great. Needs power if there is no gas mileage.

enjoying the ride
By ics on 04/20/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my aveo5 after my brother in law let me drive his. I test drove the nissan versa and honda fit but like the aveo the best. The only problem I had with it was after driving a suv for 10 years I drove the aveo like a suv. The front of the aveo is too low and now I have damage to the front of the car. I now am more cautious.

Better than expected
By Bob on 01/15/09 05:13 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I own an Aveo5 2LT, 2009. The drive by wire is a little tough to get used to with the 5 speed, although I have adapted. The leatherette interior is very nice, but the drivers seat is already out of shape and this happened almost from day one. Overall though I am really happy with my purchase. The car is fun to drive and quite comfortable. If you are currently driving a larger car it will take a few days to adjust to the higher RPMs at highway speeds, but you really get a driving experience as opposed to feeling like you are sitting on your den sofa. Great little car for the money!

How much fun is this?
By NC Dad-UCLA Daughter on 10/04/08 20:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback 5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

About a month ago, I purchased a 2009 Aveo5 2LT for my daughter. The only options not on the vehicle were leatherette seats and a sunroof. After driving small, medium, and large SUVs for several years, I had forgotten how much fun driving a small car really is. My daughter needed to get to grad school at UCLA and we drove across the country from North Carolina (2700 miles). Since I am 6 feet 3 inches tall (with long legs) I was concerned, but I found it comfortable, quiet, and with good handling, even on the day we traveled 680 miles. I was very pleased with the overall 31 mpg we got on the trip, especially since the little thing was loaded. It cost just $318 in gas for the trip!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback in VA is:

$123 per month*