'91 Brougham- Last of the Great American Cars
By eaorlando on
1991 Cadillac Brougham 4dr Sedan
I purchased my behemoth earlier this year after spending a year searching for style and comfort in more current automobile. With the possible exception of a Mercedes S550, there was simply nothing that approached the style, comfort and power of this magnificent classic. I found a fine car-- a pristine 5.7L monster with only 23K miles on it. I invested a couple of thousand on mechanicals since it had been sitting idle for years, and have driven it daily now for over a month. It is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned some of the finest cars around!
Favorite Features
The ride on this baby is second to none (it is, after all, a Cadillac), and handling is terrific. The roominess and pampering comfort of the cabin are testament to the days when "touring sedan" meant the car was built to take several people and their luggage on extended trips and have them arrive feeling better than if they had made the trip stuffed into a rush-hour subway car. And, unlike the SUV's and minivans that have largely replaced it, this car speaks to a gentility and individuality that can only be purchased today at staggering cost.