Meets a Lot of Needs
By carolinabmer on
2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo 335i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)
I had a demanding set of criteria for this car. I'm mid-50's, single, no kids at home. I enjoyed having multiple cars for my different moods and purposes - a 740iL for traveling, a Subaru Forester for bad weather and hauling, and two C6 Corvettes for pure, unadulterated fun. I also wanted to get better fuel economy than my old vehicles (harder than you might think as my V-8 vehicles all got 26 - 30 MPG Hwy, Subaru rarely >20). I wanted to get as much of these into one car as possible. Mission accomplished in the 335i Xdrive Gran Tourissimo.
Favorite Features
The 335i GT has even more cruising comfort than the old 2000 740 and has already been nursed to over 31 MPG (keeping speed below 75 MPH). It's great on slippery surfaces, gets way better fuel economy, and a lot more cargo space than the Subaru. Only another super car would match the down-low road hugging on a 'Vette, but the 335 GT is extremely quick attacks curves in an equally effective, though more refined manner than the 'Vette. Getting this kind of performance in a car that sits up and is easier to get in and out of is a big plus. Very roomy, head room, leg room, front & back.
Suggested Improvements
I really miss the head-up display on the Corvette. But that's an option you can get on the GT. I've had problems with the blue tooth connection cutting out on my iPhone 4, but that may be the fault of my 3-year-old, road-weary iPhone. I don't like the little rattle of the window when you shut the door before it indexes up.