Used 2010 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

MY 2010 BMW 135i Coupe
By jmlbmw

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 4th BMW since 2001 and by far my least favorite. This is due to the fact that it took a year to get my car running properly. There are major issues with the fuel pump and turbos that require either software upgrades or complete replacement. There are 2 class action lawsuits dealing with this issue which has caused the value of my car to drop over 10 grand in just 1 year. I also had multiple paint issues that have finally been made right and my car now looks like it should have at delivery a year ago. I blame the dealership for this and for not standing behind the car in the beginning. It's too bad that not all BMW dealerships are created equal. Also, the fuel mileage is poor!

Fast, Great Handling, Better Looking then a 3 Series, Solid, Great BMW Performance Options, Nice Engine Upgrades which don't void the warranty.

Better Fuel Pump for Better Fuel Mileage, Better Quality Interior Pieces,

All sorts of fun, quick
By Zimmy

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Having had a 2008 Z4 Roadster before this, I was looking for my next BMW to be more practical yet still wanted it to be fun and fast. I got that and more in the 135i Coupe. Fuel Mileage is not as important to me but fares quite well. The car handles very well (as you would expect from BMW) however the front end does have more push than I would like when driven hard. Slightly tires from the 335i would fix that I presume. The M sport package looks great and the sounds from the exhaust are almost musical. My favorite BMW to date!

The engine and transmission (6 spd manual), Bluetooth, HD & sat. radio

I would highly suggest getting the upgraded sound package. I didn't and regret it slightly. The standard is not hateful, but window-down driving with the radio on sounds a little wimpy when at highway speed.

Makes us feel younger
By malcolm

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2010 convertible replaced our 2007 series 3 sedan. Feels the same as I drive it around southern Florida. With the top down I feel about twenty years younger and it is a fun drive. Tight turns, great acceleration, the joy of cruising around has reappeared. Cost was similar to my series three car. Blue tooth option is a must. Safety features abound.

The look the styling, the comfort. It is a convertible you can be proud of. Gas mileage is fine. Reliability is a BMW trademark.

The back seat room is questionable. But I do not plan to sit back there. My young grandchildren will have enough room.

Love It
By Craig

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 128i convertible loaded and have it for now approx 1.5 years. I cant tell you how much I love this car. In the summer I am pretty much the envy of all. Car runs great (plenty of testosterone so to speak), feels great behind the wheel, has a stunning look, and consistently has averaged 21-24 mpg. Overall, love the car and consider it a great buy. One more thing. The dealer has been great in answering any questions I have and taking care of all the FREE service. I plan on keeping this car a long time.

The look, feel, and how it handles on the road.

Only one....the cupholder needs improvement.

My fourth BMW...
By jmlbmw

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I was going to $25,000.00 more for a new M3 Coupe but decided on the 135i instead. It was a wise choice for several reasons. This car is as fast as my 2007 M Coupe that I turned in after a two year lease. In fact, it's faster in 2nd gear then the M. The twin turbos are smooth and there is NO turbo lag. The 135i is not only fast but it has a very smooth and quite ride. The car handles extremely well and there is a great engine sound when you get on the go pedal. The 135i is really an M car for all intents and purposes! There are so many after-market options available through BMW Performance, that you can really have the power and performance of an M.

The BMW 135i has every option that you could ever want! One of my favorites is the Comfort Access... all you have to do is touch the door handle, get in, push the start button, put it in gear and go. The Premium Sound System is awesome and the interior fit and finish is top quality.

My main complaint is with the Satellite radio! It hasn't worked properly since I leased the car. At this time there is no fix but BMW is working on it. A better paint process would reduce minor flaws.

• SUV