2002 Acura RSX Consumer Review: The Perfect Car (toy)!

2002 Acura RSX - Consumer Review

Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

The Perfect Car (toy)!
By Brian on

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was originally looking at an Eclipse GT-S, but after test driving it, it was as boring as a Buick. The Celica GTS and Prelude just didn't do it for me either. But the moment you sit in an RSX Type S, it fits like a perfect glove. It moves forward effortlessly, and is a ton of fun to drive. I like the cockpit, the seats, the styling, the firepepper red exterior - it's all good! You can tell it was meant to be a unique experience by design. It feels like everyone on the road is just too slow when you are behind the wheel of that bad boy. The "new car novelty" never wears off. I want to be buried in this car.

The torque explosion at 6,000 rpms is great, and you can't beat the scream of the engine. The red lighting is pretty cool too. I am the 3rd owner and it feels like a brand new car.

The only thing I wish for was better base from the Bose stereo. The baby sub on the spare tire just isn't powerful enough.