Used 2015 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

A very pretty tank
By Valentina Deriabina

2015 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great car, great great great car! Super safe, very smart, reliable, great breaking, very good on the road. The only reason i am on this web site is that i did not negotiate my lease well enough and my lease payoff is way too high to keep my car. But over all this is my third Volvo, the previous was s60 2012 and it drove slightly different (they change the wheel to electric one on 2015) also 2015 is way more safer. It will get you spoiled in terms of standard safety features. The ones i personally use the most are: BLIS (blind spot aid), cross traffic (it's when you are pulling out of your parking spot and dont see the approaching cars in the isle - the car spots them and if needed automatically applies breaks), citi traffic feature is very useful too - it applied breaks a couple of times when my car approached another car too close in slow to semi-slow moving traffic. The seats are ... can i get one like those for my living room please? I drove about 10 times from DC to NY and back and never felt tired sitting in the car. Breaks are super, the car stops on a spot! the road handling is very good too - i feel safe in a rain or snow. However you need to be careful when there is a lot of snow - back in Snowmageddon of 2016 I was driving home when there was already about 3 inches of fresh snow on a road and car was swaying from side to side just a little bit. Having said that, navigation is horrible - routinely would tel me to make an exit from the left last second when i am in the far right line, or to save my money would take me back streets instead of the paid highway (even though settings set to the shortest route) (and that's exactly why, by the way, i ended up driving in 3 inches of snow back in 2016), or you will have to use that rotating knob to enter the address for about 15 minutes and then the system would tell you "no such street" or offer you another building. You will be better off using apple maps. Ride is a bit on a stiff side, but what do you want from the very cute tank? And that's exactly how I think of my car - it is a very cute, very smart tank with lots of babble wrap inside to protect me. I am currently shopping around. Audi A4 looks very dull compared to my car (everybody said the ride is much better, I tried Q3 - and its not THAT much better). BMW 300 series and merc C300 both drive nicer, but way more pricier and not as safe. XC-60 is just like my car, I feel totally home in it - but brakes are slightly weaker and headlights are not as good too. I mean, its a very very nice car, I have hard time being completely swept away by other cars in the same class. Cons: navigation sucks, slightly stiff ride, and apparently volvos in general depreciate very fast and loose value, so if i will get a new volvo - i am driving it to the ground. From the consumer reports reviews i know that 2015 is probably was one of the worst quality wise years (nothing major, just small stupid things that drove people nuts - like oil lamp is on, nothing wrong with the car, but its still on, stuff like that) but my car so far hasn't given me a second of grief. Also I have one of the prettiest combinations of black paint with red shine in it and light leather inside - so pretty! I am sure will be sad to part with my car!

Very good decision
By Tim

2015 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

You get a lot for your money with this car. If you want something different, reliable, safe, fairly sporty based on how you outfit it, you’ll be happy with your purchase. Top notch materials, sensible, well organized instrument panel. I stepped up to the 19” rims and two tone leather interior because I could get more for less than some of the German sedans I was looking at. I had an Audi and a MB prior to this car and quality is on par even if name is not. I will be getting the newer 2019 version.

Fantastic Ride and Fun to Drive
By Volvo Man

2015 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Lots of fun! Great handling and acceleration. Amazing traction. Deciced to buy this car over the BMW 3281 x-drive.

Would buy another one
By J. Reese

2015 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great value for the money. Loved that Volvo includes all the maintenance for 4 years/50 K miles. Had one problem with the computer that ran the infotainment center, dealer took care of everything immediately. Local Volvo dealer has been great to work with and has done all the routine maintenance on the vehicle included with the purchase. Tires could have lasted a bit longer, but provided good grip and drivability. This is our second S60, first one was a leased 2012 which convinced us to buy the 2015. Expect that it will last another 4 years w/o any issues.

And Away We Go
By Allan Cimino

2015 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

Car handles very good, steering responsive, on road great, information station great, lots to look forward to, the only thing is the low ride tires, u have to watch for every pot hole and sewer recess, because of possible rim damage or tire damage, but luckily u can buy the insurance, for tire replacement and rim replacement if rim cannot be repaired. This is my second S 60, also had the XC 90.