Used 2015 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Would buy another one
By J. Reese

2015 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great value for the money. Loved that Volvo includes all the maintenance for 4 years/50 K miles. Had one problem with the computer that ran the infotainment center, dealer took care of everything immediately. Local Volvo dealer has been great to work with and has done all the routine maintenance on the vehicle included with the purchase. Tires could have lasted a bit longer, but provided good grip and drivability. This is our second S60, first one was a leased 2012 which convinced us to buy the 2015. Expect that it will last another 4 years w/o any issues.

And Away We Go
By Allan Cimino

2015 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

Car handles very good, steering responsive, on road great, information station great, lots to look forward to, the only thing is the low ride tires, u have to watch for every pot hole and sewer recess, because of possible rim damage or tire damage, but luckily u can buy the insurance, for tire replacement and rim replacement if rim cannot be repaired. This is my second S 60, also had the XC 90.

New slogan: "Volvo? Not all it's cracked up to be"
By It's Kansas Toto

2015 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Though I am a baby boomer, I never aspired to own a muscle car. I was always more intrigued by the European cars with classic lines and implied quality. Beemers were trendy but cars like Saab and Volvo were something to aspire to. With one of those, you had quality and class. Right? Not anymore. Sadly, they've killed Saab. Ive now leased my Volvo just over 3 years and it's time to turn over the keys. There's nothing about this car I will miss. Not the random way the e-drive would kill the engine just as the light turned green (reminiscent really of learning to drive my first stick shift car and popping the clutch to a lurch and dead engine). I won't miss the eay bluetooth would randomly go on strike. Or the way the warning beeps that so steadfastly warn when the car is too close to a curb or wall or another car... until it doesn't. Or just for fun starts randomly beeping when you are certifiably in the middle of nowhere with no obstacles for 20 feet in any direction. I could go on but why. This car was a disappointment. My local dealer (the ONLY Volvo dealer in a metropolitan area of over 2 million!) Over promises and under delivers and features a service department who specialize in mansplaining. I especially loved the way I would schedule service with a confirmed loaner car for the day only to be told there were no S60s available that day. Fine, I said... give me something else. You would have thought I'd asked for the shirt odd his back. Turns out they had a caste system for loaner cars. I drive a lowly S60 and an S60 is all the loaner car I'm entitled to. God forbid a lowly S60 owner sully the steering wheel of the XC90. After standing my ground and waiting for the snootysnark of a service advisor to go to the service manager I was allowed to drive a loaner car (THAT I HAD RESERVED) waaaay above my station in life. Save yourself the disappointment. Go get yourself a 1974 Ford Pinto instead of this Volvo. At least you'll know up front what you're getting and you'd be throwing away about 42,000 fewer dollars.

If you have to get a mid sized sedan...
By HD

2015 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This car is very comfortable and easy to drive. I miss my turbo C30 which was much peppier and way better looking in my opinion, but it was time for a grown up car that was refined yet affordable. I would say this fits the bill nicely and in a few years I will spring for the V60 wagon or XC60 crossover, since I prefer them both to a sedan. I wish I could have got the adaptive cruise control, but I would have had to go up a trim level to platinum and didn’t want to spend the additional $5k for the cars that were available with this option. Too early to say much about reliability but I’m hoping for the best. Road noise is not bad and the ride is nice. Not to cushy and not too tight. The stereo sound sucks but the Bluetooth works seamlessly. The interior is attractive with good quality materials, although I’m not in love with the colors and displays directly above the steering wheel. I like floating center panel. This car definitely does not make me want to race anyone at the stoplights. It does make me look and feel like a responsible adult which was necessary for my line of work. I guess the fuel economy helps make up for the lack in go go juice.

My first Volvo
By Susan

2015 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have loved every minute of this car. Sporty, style, fun to drive, great seats! Only real drawback was having to replace my tires at 20k miles, that was a first for me in a lease and I’ve leased several cars. $1000 to replace them with only 10 months left on the lease. 😩