Used 2014 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used S60 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
3.88 out of 5 stars

2 years with my S60 T5 AWD

quattrofan74, 11/12/2013
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I decided to downsize with the aim of lowering our overall car payment. My previous car was a 2008 BMW 335i coupe. I loved that car - it's performance, handling and appearance endeared itself to me daily. However, I live in Pennsylvania and winters in it were never really "fun". Also, getting the kids to school became a chore - and a sedan made sense. I decided to lease this time around. Long story short, I got a S60 T5 AWD with Premier and Sport packages. Overall, the car has a decent amount of "go". It's no 335i, but it pulls off the line well. It gets a little asthmatic as the revs climb. The Sport package definitely made a difference in handling too.

Saved my wife's life

Kern Ries, 03/01/2016
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a certified used 2013 Volvo S60 with AWD in August 2015, with 17K miles on it. It came with a 7-year/100,00 mile warranty, which is unbeatable. I had to have the driver's side door sensor and the pump for the windshield washer fixed under warranty at that start, but no problems since then. The car has plenty of power, is very comfortable and easy to drive on long trips. It is the most comfortable car I have owned. On Presidents' Day 2016, my wife was driving uphill with about an inch of fresh snow on the road, when a driver coming down the hill lost control and slide sideways into her late so quickly that she had no chance to react. The combined speed of the crash probably was in the 50 to 60 mph range. My wife got only a sore chest and some bruises on her hips from the seatbelt, but otherwise she did not have a scratch. All of the airbags deployed. The car was totaled. I'm so glad that she was riding in a Volvo when the accident happened. I'm now looking to replace it with another a year newer.

5 out of 5 stars

Value, Performance, Sex Appeal (in that order)

John H, 05/22/2017
T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I researched vehicles in this class thoroughly before making a buying decision. First, let me state that I have no need for any of the common bells and whistles that manufacturers have been adding to vehicles these days such as lane departure warnings, park assist, even navigation. This review does not evaluate those areas because quite frankly I don't care about them or use them. I'm motivated by the following: how does the car drive, how does the car look, does the car meet my interior/storage needs and how reliable is the car? That's it. With that in mind, let's get started. I narrowed the field down to the Audi S4, Lexus IS350 and the Volvo S60-T6 since all had similar performance specs like 300 HP and AWD as well as identical 0-60 times. In terms of pure driving performance and sex appeal, the S4 and IS350 win without question. I'd put the IS350 as the champ. However, after many test drives I came to realize that 90-95% of the performance those cars offer can be found in the S60-T6 for only 70% of the price. In other areas such as rear passenger area & trunk space, the S60 was the winner. I've only owned this car for 30 days so I can't speak to the reliability yet, but I'm expecting industry-standard costs. One of the things I've noticed is that it's not as smooth in Sport mode both in up/down shifting as the others, but in regular drive mode it's fine. Aside from that, it's a joy to drive and at a fraction of the cost of it's peers. And even though I didn't need a luxurious leather seat, it truly is like sinking into a Lay-Z-Boy recliner--amazing. Bottom line: if you're looking for best in class regardless of price, look to Audi or Lexus and expect to pay $7k-$10k more. If you want the best interior comfort & space, equal acceleration, 95% driving dynamics and 90% sex appeal for 70% of cost compared to rivals, the S60-T6 is the choice to make. I've been incredibly happy with it.

Very Good Car/Great Value

darkhorse2, 04/30/2014
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

All's well after 25,000 miles. Still as quiet as day 1. Still love the way the car performs. Comfortable, quiet and handling is great and performance with the "base" engine is surprisingly quick. NOT like the Audi A3 I rented a little while ago. Only complaint....the original Continental tires were shop after 19,000 miles!!! Changed to Pirelli's and am much happier with them especially in the wet. I just picked up my S60 a few days ago after comparing quite a few cars. Audi A4, Buick Regal, Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Cadillac ATS, BMW 3 series & Mercedes new A class. The Volvo was overall the best choice for me as an everyday car. It does all things well and represented a great car for the money. A bit more money than the fully loaded Ford, Buick and Honda but with better quality and features. The same feel and features of the Audi, Mercedes and Cadillac but without a higher price tag and the horrible excuse for a back seat.

Europe experience

zuli, 10/07/2013
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

We took factory delivery and put 3600 miles on the car in a six week road trip. Extremely comfortable seats. Averaged twenty six mpg at ninety on the Autobahn. Averaged thirty at lower speeds. Last car was a BMW. This doesn't corner the same but is more comfortable and offers much more interior room. We are very pleased. The factory delivery is a treat and a lot of fun.

5 out of 5 stars

Finally happy after many other cars

John B., 05/24/2016
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I've owned a lot of vehicles and my S60 finally seems to hit the sweet spot of European performance and luxury with the reliability and lower cost of ownership I desire. It is just an all-around competent vehicle that is a pleasure to get in and drive everyday. It has a super high quality feel - like it's built very solid, something I didn't get in my Accord or Camry Hybrid. I just love the leather interior in this car - it is thick, comfortable, and smells great. The performance is more than adequate with the 5 cyl T5, steering and handling are excellent, and the comfort on long road trips is great, even with two bikes on the roof. Reliability has been fine - just routine maintenance required, and one A/C component replaced under warranty. I couldn't be happier. Update - still happy with my S60. I do sometimes wish I had the newer 4 cyl Drive-E, as it gets better mpg with the same performance, but everything else about this car is superb, so I'll live with it. I get 24 mpg in mostly urban driving with 29-30 on highway trips.

3.75 out of 5 stars

2014 S60 R-Design with Platinum Package, BLIS, Climate package

mps_, 11/02/2013
T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

So far I like this car and it is fun to drive. It works very well as a daily driver and has some good kick, although it is still far from a sports car. I have one major issue with this car. Volvo has built heating elements into the windshield (small wires every few millimeters). At night all lights reflect off of these wires and makes the lights blurry. It is a huge safety issue and is extremely annoying. Due to this issue alone, I am not sure if I will keep this car very long. Although it is nice to have a heated steering wheel, skip the Climate Package if you buy this car.

Great unexpected find

The Kid, 07/11/2015
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I was in the market for an all wheel drive sedan and was really looking at Audi's and Lexus's and after leaving the Lexus dealer I saw a Volvo dealership and decided to stop. Never even considered a Volvo in the process. Anyway took it for a test drive and leased it the same day. Number one reason I got was the comfort of the seats and was truly happy on the way it drove and the functionality of the car. They have come a long way on the looks of their vehicles, should at least give it a test drive. Think u might be as surprised as I was!!

2 out of 5 stars

Drainage System Nightmare

CC, 09/15/2020
T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I typically do not have time for reviews, but I am so frustrated with Volvo now that I am making the time today. Folks beware if you own a 2014 Volvo S60 sedan with a sunroof if you have not had problems you will have problems with water draining into the cabin of the car during heavy rain. I believe there is a design flaw with the drainage system with 2014 Volvo S60 sedans that have a sunroof, and I feel Volvo needs to own this issue and recall and repair of replacing the entire system at their cost. I do not want anyone else to experience what I have I will as of this week have spent $6000 dollar replacing the entire draining system and drainage pan under the sunroof. This is unacceptable and an expense that no one should have to bear for such an expensive vehicle.

5 out of 5 stars

Best cars I've ever owned!

Frank Lashbrooke, Sr., 07/07/2018
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I am an 80 year old man who has owned numerous cars including Volvo. I have owned both domestic and import cars since I was 16 years old. The best cars I have ever had and/or owned have been the Swedish brand, Volvo. Without exception, each Volvo I have owned has always been beautiful, well designed down to the last knob or switch. Each one has always served me so well that now I won't buy anything else! These cars I view as the best cars western Europe produces - up to and including BMW, Mercedes, Audi and SAAB. Every Volvo I have owned has ALWAYS done the job I wanted it to do and then some. Although I don't feel the sense of pride of ownership or prestige I might feel with a Beemer, Mercedes, or Audi, I always feel I own and am driving western Europe's very best brand. I have told many friends who ask me why I own a Volvo and I tell them it is the best car Europe produces, bar none! In my opinion, there is no better car made, period! Volvo cars, again, in my opinion, provide the owner the best value in automotive transportation out there! Out of all the cars I have owned, the Volvo brand has proven its worthiness of my loyalty and money. Buying a Volvo is by far the best car for anyone's money and then some. Needless to say, I won't buy anything else, EVER! BRAVO VOLVO! BRAVO SWEDEN!

3 out of 5 stars