Used 2013 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

Used S60 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

Solid sports sedan

tomhager, 12/05/2012
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in my Acura TSX after the second timing chain went out, test drove a T5 AWD and was hooked -- great combo of comfort and fun. Drove it through a late-night thunderstorm in the Oregon mountains and felt perfectly safe -- the thing corners like it's on rails. Love the power and quiet.

4 out of 5 stars

Good start but could use a little help....

jimdd, 04/12/2014
T6 R-Design 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Been driving my S60 R-Design for just over a year. Great styling differentiates this car from a standard A4 or 3-Series. Motor is smooth and powerful with very little or no turbo lag. Interior is clean and comes off like a German car with a little twist. I actually use the on-dash dial pad often. It's not simply a gimmick. All in all, its a nice upgrade from my G37x but leaves me wanting just a little more. Maybe I'll consider the new Limited Edition R-Design if it isn't cost prohibitive. Update: The breaks are still horrible. Couple of distinct rattles which are well hidden.

I look forward to driving this S60 every day

virginiacarguy, 09/03/2012
T6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Having owned many BMWs, Audi, Acura and various other cars and SUVs, this S60 is the perfect balance of comfort and fun to drive. The old Volvo stereotypes are long gone. While it doesn't have the track or tech specs of a 3 series (like 50/50 weight distribution), it excels at daily driving by perfectly balancing performance and comfort. The S60 is smooth, quiet, composed, solid, quick, very comfortable with superb seats and firm suspension that is never harsh. I recommend the Polestar modification that makes the vehicle faster, reduces throttle/pedal travel and makes power available more immediately. A loaded 325 hp S60 is thousands less than a loaded 4 cyl BMW.

A Blast To Drive

jeffm5, 09/08/2012
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

My S60 T5 is the FWD model. I've had it for about 6 wks. and have 2,000 mis. on it. It's loaded with NAV and safety options. Front seat comfort is outstanding. All of the controls are on the steering wheel or within easy reach. Handling is outstanding,, power and acceleration are very good. The car has a solid feel. No rattles. Good visibility. The ride is a little choppy on rough roads, very good otherwise. I'm getting 30+ on the highway at about 65 MPH and around 24 in mixed driving with regular gas.

A smart choice (for me)

kmjs_1, 02/15/2013
T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I was looking for a replacement for my '03 IS300 Sportcross and ended up test driving everything from a Mini Clubman S to the new Lexus ES. All over the map. But I kept coming back to the Volvo S60 because it was comfortable to drive (front seats are amazing), felt solid as a rock, had good acceleration running on regular, and could be bought for much less than competitors. The long term review of the 2012 model on Inside Line was almost all positive as were other published reports. The 2013 T5 model improved in acceleration and gas mileage, nice combo of improvements. Reliable, comfortable, a great value. So now I own a Caspian blue with beechwood leather S60 T5 and am a happy camper.

12345...7