Used 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta Hybrid model:

At 63K miles engine needs replacing
By Sheila

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

Don't buy a VW hybrid!! There aren't enough out there to show numbers of failures. Our car, bought a year new in 2014, no longer fires its 2nd cylinder. In other words, it would cost us $14,000 to fix a car that is worth $6000 (if there were no engine problems!) Because it is out of warranty, VW is taking no responsibility to help defray the costs.

Great Hybrid almost 40 MPG
By David Dean

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid SEL 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

No maintenance issues, Great MPG (39.7), Winter mirage lower which is normal, Only regular oil changes which the first three were payed for by dealership/warrenty. No real issues. Fun car to drive.

Zippy hybrid
By Greg

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

This car drives like a sportier car than it looks. It is very comfortable. The gas engine has great pickup, and after getting used to the hybrid, the gas mileage is fantastic. The styling is less than eye-catching. In all, I love this car.

Even the VW service adviser said get rid of it!
By Russ P.

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

I purchased a used 2013 VW Jetta Hybrid. It had 68k miles on it. The car was in excellent condition. Unfortunately, things started breaking almost immediately. Cooling fans replaced, water pump replaced, and now fuel pump had to be replaced. We have had $3500 in repairs in the 5 months we have owned this car. Unacceptable for a car with less than 80,000 miles. VW's part supplier quality is terrible. I will be trading this car as soon as possible before another huge repair bill happens. I will never, ever, EVER consider buying another VW because of this experience. After the second repair, I asked the service advisor at the VW dealership if they are seeing a lot of issues with this car. She even went so far as to say "if it was my car, I would get rid of it". That speaks volumes.

Jetta SEL premium hybrid
By Kellie Young

I love this car! I originally wanted a brand new Jetta and not the sedan or a hybrid but this was a great buy and really feels like a brand new car. (Except the previous owner WAS a male and heavily cologned...So the car still smells of cologne somewhat but starting to fade, thankfully) I actually really love it and am really glad I came upon your website. I wasn't planning on buying a car until the spring or fall if at all...But when I found this car through your site I just had to go check it out! I had never purchased a used car until now but I am sick of paying new car prices since the cars are never worth what you pay for them as soon as you drive them off the lot. I was very concerned about buying a previously owned car but after owning this car for just a month....So far I am very happy! It is the smallest amount of money I have ever in my life paid for a car and I have purchased 8 cars in my lifetime so far. It is Attractive...Drives smooth...Fast... Comfortable... Economical. It's just everything you would want in a car. My friend owns a BMW and I think this Jetta is very comparable in many ways and I didn't pay $50000.00 for it like they did their BMW. It was the smartest car purchase I have ever made. Thank you for being out there to aid all the people out searching for great buys!!!