Used 1999 Volkswagen EuroVan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used EuroVan for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.25 out of 5 stars

The reviewers hate what the owners love

bwendell, 07/27/2002
MV 3dr Minivan

Initially quite pricey, but I have been won over and my wife loves it completely. There is no other van on the market that can do all the things this can. This is not a car and thus not an Odessy or Chrysler.It's a daily family driver, a camper,a hauler and a long-trip cruiser. It can cruise at 80 all day, has better seats than my Audi A4, handles safely if not sportily, and pulls my horse trailer.My brother purchased a 2000.5 and is very pleased, using it for both family use and to tow his SCCA race cars. It's far from perfect, but there is no competition in the marketplace.The idiosyncracies are a real problem only if you don't really need this type of vehicle.

3.88 out of 5 stars

Eurovan 1999

LOVE, 05/16/2005
MV 3dr Minivan

Continuous electrical problems that recur after dealership supposedly fixes them. Thank god for taken out an extended warranty. It is unfortunate that 1999 eurovans do not have any...recalls. It is one terrific vehicle as far as size is concerned. I live in VT. , put snow tires on in the winter and have never gotten stuck. The handling has been super although I wish they would have considered putting in safer seat belts in the two rear facing buckets seat. Limited seats for children especially still in seat belts. Quite pricely when needed to have repairs.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Ain't just for surfin

9399euro, 08/19/2003
GLS 3dr Minivan

My third vw van. Better than all the others, more power, hauls lg loads, good camper without all the unnec. extras of mv, ez to clean up and maintain. Drives Euro=stiff, not like the honda/toyota boats of same/later year.

5 out of 5 stars

Perfect

Bill Tu, 01/11/2004
MV 3dr Minivan

Powerful,good handly,good milage, good view fm side mirrors, big enough trunk, big capacity, classic exterior style very unique compare w/other minivan, good price, 3drs only but easy to in and out, good for whole family face to face.

4.88 out of 5 stars

One of the best Volks Van's I have ever.

surferboy, 06/28/2003
GLS 3dr Minivan

I have owned VW vans for a long time, and the GLS with VR6 is probably the best one I have ever had. It has power, comfort, and a really great exterior design. This is by far the prettiest shoe box I have ever seen!!

4.13 out of 5 stars

Relive it with a V6

Piddle, 07/10/2002
GLS 3dr Minivan

I drove a full size Ford van for travel, but my wife didn't like it's size. When looking at "minivans" I found them to be less spacious than the station wagons I grew up with. They were just sedans with another seat squished in there. The Newly designed Eurovan is Spacious without taking up the whole road. It has a commanding panoramic view of the road and truly seats seven comfortably. Takes me back to the old Microbus days, but can climb a hill like anything. Great van.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Great EuroVan

Brian, 11/13/2005
MV 3dr Minivan

I just purchased a one owner 1999 VW Euro Van. My family loves this vehicle. Being a '99 this vehicle outperforms my new 2003 Kia Sedona. I am giving that van away for an older better vehicle. VW makes great vehicles. We are a total VW family now. We also have a 2005 VW Bettle TDI. Go VW!

51050