Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

Used Eos for Sale
Select your model:
12345...23

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Eos Reliability

jmkober, 03/13/2008
3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I purchased my Eos, the 3.2 with sport package after driving the 2.0T. Gas mileage is about 24 MPG overall. Car is loads of fun to drive but is not as comfortable on long trips as I would have hoped. It has been in the shop 5 times in 5 months for a defective strut, rattle in doors (recall), broken lumbar motor and leaking. Car still rides rough. I don't understand it. I even swapped out the 18s for some Michelin 16s, no help. I am considering a trade in for the 2.0T without sport package as I love the looks.

2 out of 5 stars

Had to rebuild engine - twice

CareyGirl, 02/26/2017
2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Bought our 2007 Eos used in 2009, 14,900 miles on it. Love the handling, the comfort, the gigantic moonroof, and there was enough room in the trunk for our suitcases or whatever when the top is up. Fortunately, we had the extended warranty because it started burning oil almost immediately, got worse and worse. Engine rebuilt in 2012 on VW's dime. We moved to California in 2015 and the oil burning got so bad we paid to partially rebuild - clean out the gummed up, hardened oil in the (I'm thinking head gasket?) - for a big price tag. Still burning oil to the tune of half a quart to a quart for each fill-up (300 miles or so). We won't buy a VW again, which is too bad because I love this car so much.

3 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
1 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
4.25 out of 5 stars

disappointed

Amber U, 09/16/2010
2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the car brand new. First week hard top leaking took about 3 weeks to fix since it was so new they had to order parts then air bag light came on another day or so to fix, then pressure switch blew so no AC in south fl that is a must,then maulfuction light on and they are not sure what is wrong and then a few recalls. Im a VW fan I had a Jetta that I loved but couldn't help trading in for the EOS man do I regret that move. I love the car look and the powerful and fun drive but could live with out visiting the dealership once a month for things that shouldn't be happing to a car that doesn't even have 25K miles on it!!!!

5 out of 5 stars

Can't Beat It!

Jerry, 09/19/2006
2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is an absolutely amazing vehicle! It has a much better ride and more interior room than the Lexus SC430. The top retracts QUICKLY! Also, it is a very quick car - surprisingly so. It has an amazing transmission with smooth power delivery. WOW!

5 out of 5 stars

Funtastick

auctionking, 10/03/2006
2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently purchased a VW Eos with nearly a thousand miles clocked. The car has outporfomed beyond my expectation. I have owned over 30 cars in my life. The excitment can only be compared when you first got your license and your father let you driwe. The Eos has personality. It is low key, not flashy. It has quality that you see touch. It is eager to please with its smooth ride. It saves you thousands of dollars over other cars. It has the spacious comfort of a four passanger car.

12345...23