Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

Used Eos for Sale
Select your model:
12345...23

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

Great Car

EOS1, 12/19/2006
2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is excellent. It is peppy and fun to drive. It is comfortable when pushed.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Loads of Fun - Great Value

Old&Crazy, 12/30/2006
2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My Eos is optioned with the sports package, 18 inch wheels/Pirelli P-6's and 6 speed auto. It is great fun to drive. The cabin is quiet with the top up or down. It feels a bit quicker than the stated 0-60 times. It has a nice punch above 40 mph. It also has a nice balance between handling and ride. The handling dynamics are good enough to make the car fun, but not equal to BMW as some other reviewers have written. The engine/transmission set-up very responsive. The leather sports seats are well bolstered and very comfortable. I am taller and larger than average guy and the interior is very comfortable. I also looked at Volvo C70 and the VW is more fun and about $8,000 less expensive when optioned out. The Eos is a great car, great value, and loads of fun to drive.

2 out of 5 stars

VW Money Pit

Paul Liepin, 11/30/2016
2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Purchased the car used April 2016. Big disappointment turns out this is truly a wolf in sheep's clothing. Outward appearance's deceiving me with the beauty of the design, but deep within that 2.0t engine held my darkest nightmare. Did all the usual used car checks seems everything was in order. Completed my transaction and on my way back home, after thinking about it for a while I was wondering why I got such a great deal from the seller. Before leaving the sellers home in Maryland I checked the dip stick noticed oil was about half way mark. The seller provided the necessary amount to bring it the top off mark. A 250 mile trip back to my home my eos drove perfect. Next morning checked the fluids oil dip stick was at bottom fill mark quart low. Oh-no I've been had turns out these FSI engines gobble oil. Be aware & "stay clear" of these engines. Otherwise it's a nice car ;-(

4 out of 5 stars

4.75 out of 5 stars

Bought used, Design is the BEST

ILoveSax, 01/31/2010
2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Unfortunately, the reliability has been poor. It's such a shame because it has the best 200 hp turbo 4 cy engine. It has the best 6 speed auto/manual transmission. It has a top body design. It has a great convertible roof AND sunroof too. It has had roof leak problems since day one. It took 1 year to get the problem fixed the first time, then after a few months, the roof started leaking again. Then, the engine was leaking oil internally. They had to change out the engine. There have been a number of minor problems too. Tony Honda has been great, but it has just been a frustration with all the continual problems. Otherwise, I love the car.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Makes Phoenix A Year Round Event

grandlapaloma, 10/05/2006
2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After a thorough search for the next generation convertible. We traded our beloved 2001 VW Cabrio for the EOS. It does not have a soft top. Don't buy a soft top convertible, period. This multi-function hard top sportster convertible is everything true engineering can offer. We bought the base with the upgraded auto/shift transmission and satellite radio. It was tough to get since supplies are low, wait for it. We tested every car within a $10,000 range of the base price of EOS and its still the best value at full MSRP. The fit and finish, engine, gas mileage, quality, etc make this the best every day car or weekend blaster.

12345...23