Used 2007 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

Used Eos for Sale
Select your model:
12345...23

Pros
Cons
3.75 out of 5 stars

Avoid this Vehicle

bswansen, 04/13/2012
2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased my 2007 2.0L EOS in December of 2006 and have been relatively happy up until now. At 72K miles the cam shaft sheered off and required a replacement of the cylinder head. The VW service rep also recommended a timing chain and water pump replacement. $6000 later I have my car back. The AC unit also "blew up" and I had to replace the entire system (condenser, evaporator, etc...) Another $2000 (not at the dealer this time. After paying 20% of the original purchase price after only 72K miles, what used to be my favorite car ever has become an albatross. BTW, if you do buy one,l don't let VW dealers service it after the warranty expires. My experience with several dealers sucks!

5 out of 5 stars

Best money I have spent on a car

sanderson32, 04/08/2009
2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

How do you spell fun? E-O-S. Purchased this in Dec of 06, and drive 30K annually. I've had a set of tires, one engine recall (that fixed a "check engine" light), and a top adjustment. That's it - other than oil changes. My 13-year old son is waiting for the day he gets this car as a hand-me-down! Tons of fun, great handling, and reliable - what more do you need?

4.88 out of 5 stars

Fun Car

Steve, 12/05/2006
3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

I got my Eos yesterday. It is the first 3.2 I could find in South Florida. I paid about $42,000 for it (MSRP) with bells/whistles. The top motion is as cool as reported. It's fun to drive; very responsive and has lots of umph. I did not test the 2.0 so can't compare to that. I got the Eismeer Blue which is much nicer looking than on my computer. I was gonna get the thunder or paprika but now love the Eismeer. It has a great stereo with Sirius on the premium audio option. Also, it has a sport pkg. and navigation pkg. This car is really an eye-catcher. The only other comparable car that's a hard top convertible 4 seater (this really can seat 4 adults not terribly uncomfortably) is a Volvo (and looks like a Volvo). I was pleased to grab this car as I had been looking for weeks and this was first that I have found.

4.38 out of 5 stars

It's all in the details

Grafixx101, 12/30/2009
3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Bought the 3.2 w/ every available option w/ black on black int./ext. color choices. Added a subwoofer, HID foglamps, and 20" wheels. Oddly, adding huge wheels with better tires merited a better ride than the stock 18's with poor tires. All in all, I have loved this car. Unfortunately, VW has a very soft clear-coat on the paint, and after a routine oil-change at the dealer, it is now riddled with swirl marks. Everything else about this car is amazing, considering the amount of tech' involved in its production. I'm very particular about every detail, so I could nit-pick about little things, but overall I'm happy with how this car has served me and would buy another VW.

My Dream Car

Alan Pascal, 09/08/2018
3.2L 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Read your manual and follow tips for great experience. 2007 V6 has plenty of go. only repair so far 88,000 miles was an early coil problem, replaced under warranty. Everyone comments on my car, Red with red leather seats. Lots of luxury features, I find new things all the time. Car takes a little attention per manual, lubricate sliding roof, let windows automatic go down when opening doors to prevent water leaks, etc. I have taken several trips, Grand Canyon, Zion national park. Added another 10,000 miles and nothing has changed. I put top up and down about 3or more times a week, still works great. sometimes passenger window does not go down, but only when used from drivers side. single window only. Works fine when all widows is used.

4 out of 5 stars