Skip to main content
$33,910

Save as much as $2,582
Select your trim:
12345...9

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 Atlas Cross Sport, so we've included reviews for other years of the Atlas Cross Sport since its last redesign.

I got a Lemon

Amy Murphy, 08/14/2021
2021 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport SE w/Technology 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I had my 2021 Cross Sport SE Premium 14 months before I traded it in. I love the Cross Sport, I miss it, but I think my particular vehicle was a lemon not necessarily all Cross Sports. I love driving it. It was comfortable, and I personally think it is the most gorgeous car on the road, but the issues... The first issue I had was the strut rattle. When I took it to the dealership, they said they couldn't find anything wrong. I persisted with another visit and they had to replace a part of the strut, which fixed the rattle. The second issue I had was with the crash avoidance system. The first time it engaged was not a situation as I was far enough back that I could have avoided the collision, but it engaged and almost killed the motorcycle cop behind me. One thing is for sure, this system defies the laws of physics! I turned the collision avoidance system off so it would not do that again. With the system off. It engaged twice in a 1 week period and immediately after the 2nd incidence the brakes were making a grinding noise. Before I could get it to the shop, the car turned itself completely off at a red light with the error that the door was open. It took opening and shutting the doors several times to get to where I could get the car in park to get it started again. Fortunately I had the oil changed with full point inspection to prove that I had not been riding the brakes. The service department refused to believe the anti collision system could cause the damage to the rotors and I had to fight to get VW to pay for replacing them. The only thing that saved me from having to pay for the replacement is that inspection 2 weeks prior. The electrical issue was a sensor. I had to take it back to the shop a few months later because I was still having issues with the door sensor. This last time, time number 4, was the same door sensor issue. Along with the door sensor replacement, the wiring harness in the door had to be replaces, which they now think was the issue causing the sensor to continue to fail. 4 times was enough for me to get out while the getting was good. I do think the issues I was having was that particular car and I would have gotten another Cross Sport had they had the same or step up from mine but they didn't. Oh, there is also the horrible gas mileage, but it's a V6 so I expected that.

See Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport
View Offers
vw.com
*Starting MSRP of $34,460 for a 2023 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport SE 2.0L TSI® with 8-speed automatic transmission. Prices exclude destination, taxes, title, other options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.

5 out of 5 stars

Update: it’s still not a Sports Car!

Ru2bsi, 12/05/2021
updated 12/27/2022
2022 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport SE w/Technology 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

UPDATE: it’s been a year and I still love this car for its roominess and spunky attitude. Now the dirty: it was annoying to learn of the wire harness recall of which my vehicle did not appear to have those issues after inspection and dealer fix (primarily due to the climate we live in). And another recall for yet another issue, that didn’t seem as urgent as the first. So, I’m waiting for a push or my next service appointment. 2nd the only thing that is really annoying is the infotainment system. The User Interface is not as mature as one would expect. In fact, there are far more intelligent systems out there. After 10 mos of ownership, the apple play bt would get confused and bounce pack and forth from the car to my AirPods (if they were not in the case). Or general radio/media controls would simply freeze up and I’d need to restart the entire vehicle. Strange little things. Or the BT would play in stereo one moment and simply switch to mono a few yards later and switch back. These are small annoying instances experienced in the last two months - simply annoying things that happen from time to time. But overall not a deal breaker. First, knowing this is NOT a Sports Car, it never claimed it was. I had no expectations for quick pick-up. But it does respond when it counts!! It drives as it should, a utility vehicle with sporty/stylish lines. I've read all many reviews claiming the disappointment in acceleration. And honestly, most suv's I've driven NEVER drove like sports cars. They are far too heavy and cumbersome to do so. It does have enough pick up where it matters. Now, to the part I love - its roomy!! There is space for everything!! Carseats, strollers, and trips to Costco. AND ALL WHEEL DRIVE!! We didn't go with the special badging option, that was to frivolous. We could see where folks might have issues with the technology - frankly we figured it out quickly and it's actually very advanced for normal consumers. We're impressed - So far, so good, we're grandparents who refuse to drive a minivan! UPDATE: from my first review - we still love the car!! Despite the recall for the door harness that seems to effect those in “wetter” climates. We live in a dryer climate, and are less likely to have the issues in the recall, so we wait for a fix. Despite all of that - the car still is a favorite of ours. Spacious and Stylish, it can and does turn heads of the Audi Q8 owners. It reminds us of the less techie version without the high end finishes. And we’re actually ok with that.

3 out of 5 stars

Dont expect everything to work

Frustrated owner, 06/13/2022
2022 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport SE w/Technology 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I traded in my 2020 Silverado for the Cross Sport because it seemed like a nice vehicle and 5K lb towing capacity is standard (no extra package needed). The car drives will and has some nice features like digital cockpit, infotainment, wireless charging etc; and it does tow my 3,500 lb boat nicely. But, its a very frustrating vehicle.... three days after I picked it up the infotainment system went dark. So many things are operated through that system, its a big deal. The dealer service team was no help (they are really bad) but I did my own research and found out how to do a soft reset; that worked. Then, a week later (that car is now two weeks old) as I am pulling out of my driveway memorial day weekend, 5:30 am for a 350 mile holiday weekend, the engine lite comes on. the Manual says not to drive it but I am not canceling my vacation because of this brand new car so I departed. three days later the light went out on its own and has not come back on. Again the dealer is no help. they want to keep the car for a week, with no courtesy vehicle, just to see if there is an error code; unbelievable. I contacted VW, they are less help than the dealer. some of the safety features dont work at they should, again, very frustrating... So, its a nice car but I have zero confidence in it. When its working, its a nice car. Proceed with caution if you are thinking of buying one. Or Buy two if you need reliable transportation.

1 out of 5 stars
  • $34,460*starting MSRP
Build & Pricevw.com

Spacious Vehicle with Beautiful Unique Styling

Carlo, 05/28/2021
2021 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchased this vehicle in November 2020 and I am very happy with my decision. I have the 2.0T AWD engine which drives very smooth and has enough power for driving around town. Great SUV for big and tall people or anyone would prefer a spacious cabin.

5 out of 5 stars

This vehicle has it where it counts

Robert, 02/19/2022
2022 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport SE w/Technology 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

First this is the Off Road mode is great and augments the other adjustable AWD drive modes. The acceleration is just as good as most of its competitor's with one exception...It uses REGULARE GAS to achieve Real world MPG ! The exterior is very sporty even though the VW group has 3 other versions like the Q8, the Porsche and the Uris Lamborghini. Same shape but less luxurious and a lot less money. I have the SE Tec with the 6 cylinder and 4 motion. This is not a small vehicle, it's the same size as 2021 MDX and just about a second slower with 5000lbs towing capacity. Pretty good for a vehicle that runs on REGULAR GAS!

12345...9