Used 2014 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4.6L

bigdave5, 01/02/2014

This truck is my third Tundra (2003, 2007, & 2014). It is by far the BEST model Tundra thus far. The upgrades to the new model refresh are long overdue. The new Entune system is a welcome addition. It makes it feel like a 21st century vehicle. This time around, Ford and Chevy were strong contenders (sorry, I will never be a Chrysler/Dodge customer). However, the big difference is long-term reliability AND trade-in value. The overall performance, style, and mechanical prowess for the price is unbeatable.

It's a real truck folks!

tlmiller, 03/02/2014

Had a 2012 and loved it. Now I have a 2014 and I like it even better. I like my trucks to ride firm and have power to do it all. This delivers on both counts and is the best looking truck on the road. The interior is huge and functional with everything I need within reach. It'll pass anything but a gas pump, but that's what a real truck can do. I drove them all and the others drove heavy and soft to me. I don't need a car ride. If you're looking for a "TRUCK", this is the one for you.

This is what American (Texas built) quality is all about

harddriver1965, 05/15/2015
SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Details: 5.7L, CrewMax, TRD Purchased 3/2014 Mileage: 16000 Best way to describe this truck is a 3/4 ton in a 1/2 ton package. It has all the capability of any gas 1/2 ton on the market with the added reliability of Toyota and proud Texans to stand behind it(Built in San Antonio, TX).

Best full-size truck on the market.

btinaz, 01/02/2015
SR5 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 5.7 v8 s a great motor. On paper it gets an mpg or two less that Ford & Chevy (forget Ram...it's a Fiat now) but with the cost of a similar setup (crewcab, 4x4 and most powerful motor) the cost of the Tundra was several thousand less than the others so you still end up paying less when calculating all of this in. The truck has great power at any speed-destroys Ford/Chevy in passing. I have about 15k miles on it now and have had zero problems unlike what is reported from Ford, GM & Fiat owners. Test drive this truck before making a decision to purchase the others - you won't be disappointed. And to put a final shine on it the truck is build in TX without the UAW shtank wafting from it. UPDATE 7/3/2017. Three and half years of owning /driving and the only time I have been inconvenienced was a dead battery- have had zero mechanical issues. Still wouldn't trade it for any other full-size UNLESS I was not going to put more than 10k miles per year AND only to go with a top trim level where other makers start to outshine the Tundra. For SR5 4x4 level trim the Tundra is still the smart, reliable purchase.

Love my new 2014 Tundra!

ckwwilson, 01/01/2014
SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Saw a couple of other reviews here and I do not have the problems they do. Ample power out of the 5.7 V8. Mine is easy to keep in the lane on the freeway(1000 freeway miles including winding mountain passes). The standard backup camera is a must have with the 8.1ft bed! The double cab feels bigger than some quad cabs from other brands. Ride is great, confidently stiff like one should expect from a pickup. Installed a TRD rear sway bar and now it has very little body roll, stays smooth through corners. Excellent interior design, very comfortable with a great field of view in every direction. Good use of soft surfaces to break up hard plastic. Entune audio is great once you get a feel for it. For my first 8-10k miles fuel economy was terrible, about 12mpg. I was honestly ready to turn it in as a lemon and that would have devastated me, but thenot one day out of nowhere it significantly improved and I started getting as high as 19.5mpg on the highway. I now have meaty tires on it which killed that so now I get around 16, but not because the truck can't do better. Next tires I get will be less aggressive road tires to bring the number back up. Overall I love the truck. With 40k on it it has lost only $3k in value and performs just like when I bought it new.

Not at the mechanic shop anymore

Kyle, 03/20/2016
SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best truck. I've had fords Chevy and dodges and they all stink compared to this truck. Only negatives to this truck is gas mileage and the seats stain easy if you don't have leather. The gas mileage cost is made up through not having to pay the mechanic for repairs

Like the Tundra

bretn, 09/26/2014

Overall I like the Tundra, have a 6"lift on it and it looks nice. The turning radius is not quite what I would like it to be. Like someone else said, the carpet is a little thin, which means it will wear fast, if you don't put some liners in. The back seat is the roomiest I have ever seen (the kids like it better). We have had other Toyota's and have been pleased with the overall satisfaction. The stereo could be a little better, I like my music loud and its not loud enough, though the sound is good. Power booster maybe?

Best overall value - period

jakesta, 01/07/2017
SR 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The Tundra is nothing special. Unless value and reliability are what matter to you the most. I was a "die-hard" F-150 guy until I purchased my 2014 Tundra. My Tundra averages about 16.2 mpg, it rides like a truck (kind of a big heavy feel), is extremely reliable and has every available option which is all I really need. Brakes are better than average - maybe the best, towing car trailers is a treat and driving around in heavy traffic is easy with little or no blind spots. A few things I don't like are: the windshield glass is cheap (easily chipped), the rear seat does not recline on the 2014, hardly any storage space, JBL sound system could be better. The things I love are: the rear power glass window (goes all the way down), the power adjustable headlights (perfect if you are towing), acceleration, brakes, reliability, cabin noise, exterior looks, great in the snow etc... I really love the Tundra - its a great Truck! I changed to a one size over (1 inch taller ) tire and love the ride even more. Update on 1/10/2020: Just hit 56K on the odometer. No issues whatsoever. Great truck so far. Gas milage has gotten a little bit better (16.5mpg) and the brakes still have the original pads.

Wishing I had my 07 Int.Tundra Storage in this 14!

Michelle Massa, 02/04/2016
Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

What the hell were the Tundra engineers thinking when they designed the 2014 as compared to the 2007, which had stellar, sneaky, snappy little storage compartments all over the place!?!? They took just about all of handy storage compartments out of the 2014, and added one giant, cavernous (not so useful) one to center console, and I am on the fence about going back to an older model after just spending $35K! I miss some of the old features that much. I was on the fence about the reviews for things like interior design and performance, because in all honesty, I've only owned the 2014 for a few months - I bought it used with very low miles from a dealer. I had my 2007 for almost 9 years since new and had such good luck with the mechanicals on that truck, that I wanted another one just like it - the same color - but with more bells and whistles compared to my basic 07 double cab 5.7L which was getting up there in miles - 170K. I love that the new truck has some spruced up exterior bling with the grill redesign, and I'm told that they made some updates under the hood, but not a lot. Aesthetically it looks just as sharp as my 07 and even better , and the heated leather seats are just awesome, living in Vermont as I do. The climate control is much improved, and there are so many technical additions like bluetooth and navigation system that it's like I was living in the dark ages until I got this new rig. HOWEVER, as I get to know this truck, I find myself cursing the design engineers at Toyota on a daily basis. I've counted about 7 storage spaces that have disappeared from my beloved 07 design - the change drawer in the drivers door, the extra storage compartment in the front dashboard area on passenger's side, the pockets on the back of the front seats, the storage pods on the sides of the rear doors, the ashtray had some uses even though I didn't smoke - it held my nav device, which I will still use because the new one is sort of useless for many things that my Garmin Nuvi does effortlessly. What else - oh, the handle hoist-me-up bar on the drivers side - all other passenger seats in the 14 have a handle bar to hold on to - what about the driver's side, where perhaps the driver is only 5'5" and needs to hurl herself up to the seat, as she had for 9 years in her 07? No go, and Toyota dealer won't even install one because they said it interferes with the side bag safety system. I read on Tundratalk that it can be done, but why the heck did they make it go away in the first place??? I am so mad at them over that missing handle bar. The new truck is very comfortable, some of that is that it's a Limited model compared to my older 07 which was just more basic. I get the fancy opening rear window and tinted glass, it's a sharp truck and I love looking at it. But practically speaking for storage inside the cab? It's much worse than the 07. However, on the 2015 and 2016s, I saw that the back seat had a plastic storage compartment that lived permanently under the rear seats - I did NOT want that, so I intentionally looked for the newest model without that storage compartment since it doesn't fit my needs, and that was the 14. Another gripe is that the gas mileages actually went DOWN in the 14 - c'mon Toyota, you can do better than that!!! You are going backwards. It's the same engine I had in my 07, why did you lose mileage? Mine usually is in the 14.5 mpg anyway, regardless of where I'm driving or what speed. When I put on my truck camper, it will probably go down to 10, but at least I'll be comfortable!

Just , an awesome truck

15ardnut, 07/21/2016
SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

1st , i am a certified gas/diesel technician for another brand, this is my 2nd tundra , my 1st tundra was an 08 trd off rd package, LOVED IT ! Bought it in 2009 with 51k miles , the only time thy truck was in the shop was for gas pedal and a switch recall, great truck, everything worked great just the same as a new one, traded it in because i fell in love whith the new 2015 tundra , who ever buys my old 2008 will be a happy man. Got my 2015 tundra in july 2016 with 7k miles, im telling you guys, it is a great truck, trust me, compared to the competitors the tundra feels solid, you can telll since the minute you get in it was built to last, some in some websites try to tell u the 5.7 on the tundra go from 0-60 in 9-10 seconds , that's not true, minutes before i went inside the dealer tonget my 2015 tundra i checked my old 08 and it went from 0-60 in 6.8 seconds and during rd test on my new one it went from 0-60 in 6.1 seconds. What that tells you ? It tells you 2 things : 1- that engine is fast and powerful and 2- after 102k miles the old 5.7 still running great (i have to say you have to do your maintenance per owner's manual) that's call reliability. All i have to say is the 2015 tundra is awesome, powerful, strong , and most important, your tundra will stay on the road not in the shop.

5 stars however not 100%

Florian Barbu, 09/06/2016
1794 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

All in all a fantastic ride. Great truck, reliable, good looking and spacious. There are 2 small things that did not let me go for a 100% satisfaction rating. The plastic door covers feels and looks bad in comparison with the entire interior. The cherry on the cake is the fact that speakers are either not sealed perfect in place or that plastic is not overlapping close over the holding screws. The bass vibration from the stereo is so bad and it does not matter if the bass is off and treble high you can still don't get the sound this car's entertainment system should give you out of those speakers. So if your plastic covers and sound is not your thing 100% will love it. I did, don't get me wrong however I for a premium price i was expecting a premium car. Almost.

Best Truck Yet

brett42, 04/13/2015
SR5 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck. It pull like crazy, handles my trailer plus a load without any hesitation over Colorado passes to boot. It's the most comfortable truck I have ever owned..had Fords since I could drive..40 years! The 4.3 rear end is the best and while a little better fuel economy would be nice, by far I prefer the power. All my Fords except my 68 with a 390 cid were under powered. This thing loves to tow. The room in the bed is excellent and the way the seats fold up in the back for more room is brilliant. Some reviewers whine about no brake controller..I say get over it. I like the one I got to choose by myself. The install took 10 minutes..big deal!! I love this truck and won't go back.

Dependable, Reliable, Thirsty

beaverfood, 04/12/2014
Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I wish the new ones (2019) got better gas mileage, and had Apple Play, but I'll be getting one anyway. This time it will be a 1794. This will be my 3rd Tundra. I'll be moving my snowplow to the 1794. In the past, I've owned 2 F-150's, and 4 or 5 Silverado's. All had problems, with the last Silverado having 5 complete electrical failures. I also had a Chrysler product somewhere in the past, that had serious rust issues after just 2 years. So, I feel I'm buying the best in a Tundra. I also own a 2016 RAV4.

Toyota has ruined the Tundra

mrt19, 11/11/2013

Toyota has completely changed the engine mapping for this truck and added an electronic throttle limiter so everything that was right about the 2007-2013 5.7 engine is now gone. That beloved power is no more. It is sluggish, slow, shift points are erratic and all over the place. I also now get 11mpg. I just got back from the Toyota dealer because I thought something was wrong with it. After a ride with a Toyota Master Technician he confirmed that was what it was supposed to be like. He also agreed with me that they have ruined this truck.

Best truck ever owned

lscheall, 08/25/2014

I have owned trucks made by all of the big three and the only other truck that can come close to a Tundra is a Ford. Dodge and GM trucks are cheaply made crap that is over priced and break down way to often. The power comfort and performace of the Tundra is unmatched. Not to mention that it is the only truck that is actually made in the US while the others are made everywhere but the U.S. My only problem with the interior design is the amount of chrome, I have had two eye surgeries and to me it is overwhelming at times. Other then that small flaw I love this truck, and would and have recommended it to my friends.

Don't buy

Brent Munck, 11/23/2017
SR5 FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Issues with a 2014 Tundra: replaced door locks 13 times ( actuator coating kept melting, asked dealer to look further into the cause; they refused and Toyota wouldn't back me up), throttle bottle failed, ECU had to be reprogrammed 3 times (each time putting the truck into limp mode until reprogrammed), transfer case was stuck in 4x4 for periods of time until brought to dealer, trim on top of truck flew off while driving down the highway, and windows frequently wouldn't work after dealer worked on door locks. Issues with dealer and Toyota: faulty work frequently by dealer, Toyota and dealer customer service refused to look further into issues with truck and were unpleasant to deal with, Toyota Care provided by dealer wasn't done correctly or up to Toyota standards (had to bring Toyota into the conversation for them to do a service that I purchased), both dealer and Toyota refused to make situation right when I offered to purchase another new truck from them (Toyota offered me a $500 rebate for the issues I was having, which was more of an insult than anything).

New 1794 Tundra

thepieman, 10/08/2013

Bought the new 1794, the truck is a masterpiece, I have a 2013 work truck Tundra and the interior of this truck was dated, the improvement is needed and has been thought out well, the voice activation is good although it takes some getting used to, but saves having to take your eye of the road to press buttons on a screen. The sat nav works well and a nice touch is that when you get close to a turn, you get a display on your drivers screen console. The engine is the same, it is a lovely powerful motor, but it likes a drink! The build quality seems top class, although the carpet is a bit thin and not the quality it should be. The ride is the most comfortable i've driven.

Too much missing and poor fuel economy

customsmn, 07/24/2014
1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

2014 Tundra 1794 edition. The more I drive it the more disappointment in what is missing from Toyota's highest line truck. Since newly designed for 2014 I expected more than what you get. No push button start as on most toyotas, keyfob not linked to memory seats, no lane change turn signals, no trailer brake controller, you can add aftermarket, just looks like an add on, only two door switches are lit, not even memory switches lit, no power lock on tailgate, no default for in call volume on bluetooth phone and even when on MAX setting not great, no rain sensing wipers, slow GPS nav. LED lights front not back,Good truck but could use some updated equipment. Update, I see that the newer Tundras have corrected some of the missing items I think should be on a high line vehicle but many are still missing and EPA mileage remains the same. Mileage remained the same until sold in Sept 2016. Very disappointed that the 2018 model though getting the Toyota safety package will still have the same gas guzzling engine and still not even get the touch start with proximity key. Toyota builds a good truck but needs to step up its ability to offer current technology when it becomes available instead of waiting years to add it. Traded the Tundra for 2018 Tundra, still think they are a great truck but still lack too much. Electronic safety has ben updated and new fancy LED headlights but tail lights remain old style bulbs. Still no proximity key or push button start or no adjustable pedals. Fuel mileage remains less than stellar at about 14 overall average, within the posted Toyota limits but I believe they can do better.

More options would be nice

Jay Marean, 11/11/2015
SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck, will do anything you ask especially off-road and towing. Toyota needs to offer some more features on higher end models such as a heated steering wheel, adjustable pedals and adaptive cruise. Also I wish Toyota would add some different axle ratios such as a 3.55 or a 3.31 to give the customer the ability to get better gas mileage while sacrificing some towing ability that he/she would never need. Overall great truck and value with Toyota's legendary reliability and dependability as well as resale especially for the price compared to other manufacturers like Ford, for example a fully loaded platinum Tundra is about 52,000 and a fully loaded platinum f-150 is about 63,000 so great value for price. Overall Toyota is a innovative manufacturer that should step up their game a little and more options for the consumer.

had Chevy before-- this truck rocks...

sienna, 08/06/2015
1794 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 1794 edition is a better value, and higher quality than similar versions by GMC and Chevy. We liked that it's made in Texas opposed to the Silverado and Sierra which are made in Mexico. It tows amazingly! Super, solid truck! It's 3 years old, still sounds brand new.... No rattles.

Never leave home without it!!!!!!

Ralph Turczynski, 07/04/2016
1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My first 3 trucks were 2 Chevys and a Dodge. In September I traded in my 2008 SR5 for a 2015 1794. The trade in value was more than I expected they gave me $21,000 for my trade in. I didn't think they could have improved that truck from my 08 SR5, but they certainly did. The quite cabin and hydraulic steering is outstanding. And not to mention the interior is quality workmanship. The leather in the 1794 is the same leather they put in a Lexus.. There was an article in the paper about a man that drove his Tundra 1 million miles. And Toyota took the truck to break it down to check for wear. And Toyota gave him a new truck. Did you ever hear of another manufacture to do that. I highly recommend this truck for anybody that's out shopping for a truck. At least take one out for a test drive.

Most Reliable Truck on The Road

David Lee, 11/17/2016
1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my Tundra. I brought this truck brand new in Febuary 2015. I have the 4WD 1794 Edition and it is Luxury Vehicle that is capable of handling all of your everyday needs. The gas mileage is not as great as other full size 1/2 ton trucks in its class, but I didn't expect great gas mileage for a truck this size. I average about 13 miles per gallon and I do mostly city driving. The Crewmax Tundra cab is the most comfortable Truck out there. I can drive with my seat all the way back and a person with long legs can still sit comfortably behind me. And the 1794 interior is Lexus quality. Everyone who gets in my truck for the first time is amazed at how nice the interior of this truck is. My only complaint is all controls should light up at night, especially the mirror controls. This truck is absolutely the best on the highway. I put a tonneau cover on the bed and when we go on a family vacation we are able to fit all the luggage in the truck bed with no problems and all 5 of us can sit comfortably in the cab and stretch out. The only complaint I have about my truck is the ride is not as comfortable as some of its competitors. You tend to feel every bump in the road. As far as reliabilty, I brought the Tundra over the Ram, Silverado, and F-150 because Toyota has the best reliabilty hands down and Toyota also has the best resale value. I have a friend with a 2010 with 160K and his truck has not given him any problems and I am expecting the same results from my 2014.

2014 Tundra LTD

Mick NO, 01/14/2017
Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So far out performs any GM I have had in 30yrs. Haven't towed with it yet but expect it to do much better than my GM. So after a year I've updated my review. Overall very satisfied. 4x4 is light years ahead of any GM I've owned, just grips the road, you have total control and really have to make an effort to lose control! Carpet is kinda cheap, but I covered them with high quality liners. Towing is outstanding, effortless.. Turning radius is very good for full size truck! Fuel econmy is about the same as my 04 Silverado, not great. Part of that is I put LT truck tires on it and another is what almost seems like "engine breaking". Doing 80mph or 30mph, when you let off the throttle the truck starts to slow down. Doesn't coast!! Good for breaks, bad for fuel economy. Leather is very good quality, seats are kinda firm. Good back support on the drivers side.

New to Toyota

NOWTOYOTA, 12/02/2017
1794 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had for over 2 years and love this truck. The most reliable vehicle i ever owned. I will never go back. I read the negative reviews and found most of them to be false. One said the cup holders were not big enough, well they hold 32 and 48 ounce fountain drinks and the ones on the door hold 16 oz. bottles. The comment about the overhead glasses holder not being big enough, well i have 3 pair in it a lot with reading and sunglasses and ect. Gas mileage is still holding at around 18 overall and i check it manually on regular basis. This truck likes to run fast and i have found you really have to watch your speed. Everything still works and have not even replaced a bulb at this point. I put rear brake pads on it and change the oil every 10,000 miles and use Mobil one super synthetic. I have friend who have Tundras and we all agree that they are the most reliable truck we have ever owned. They are cheaper new and higher resale due to a reason, reliablility, quality, durability. The paint, body, frame, and interior all look close to new. NO RUST even underneath. NO Rust on frame, body panels, bumpers, or running gear and no leaks or oil spots or seepage anywhere on anything. Dry as the desert underneath including engine block, differentials, transfer case and everywhere else. Never had one like that before. I have a 2004 Sequoia with over 290,000 miles on it and it is the same way. I can't figure out how they get those leather seats to hold up like that as i am just over 6 foor tall and nearly 300 pounds. All my other trucks had seats and interior broke down and wore out at just over 100,000 miles and the leather would be split and torn. This truck originated from up around Chicago and Hammon, Indiana and is driven daily, so it has been in the snow belt and has seen plenty of salt and snow and is parked outside in a gravel driveway and not in a heated garage, however my next one will be. The backup camer is clear enough to read a newspaper in it. The JVC stereo is great. I love the WHOLE back window going down and use it frequently as i do not have to worry about it not working to go back up because it is a Toyota and the same goes for the sunroof. I had a Chevy with sunroof and it quit and and i got afraid to use it again, had a bad switch and was replaced under warranty, fortunately. All i can say is QUALITY! I will never go back to the others no matter how many bells and whistels they put on them, because if they are not running or working, what good are they? This truck is the 1794 edition and has more gadgets than i need or have had AND they all work and always have. No problems. If i had a complint it would be no storage under rear seat, but if there is nothing stored there, then it won't slide out as it always does unless you buy the tray and then you have to raise up the rear seat after you unload it(Nuisance). Been there! Clean the truck out to raise the back seat. Nope, no more. One more important issue, the turning radius on this truck is it seems 20 foot less than my crew cab Chevrolet making it a lot easier to park and manuever in tight places and you will be in them. I am always open to something better, but i have not heard or seen any yet.

Last truck you ever putchased

Ryan Watry, 09/19/2018
SR FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This beast will get you whenever you are going safely. Haual anything, anywhere, reliably withouth the Ford/Chevy/Dodge BS issues you will almost certainly experience. I have regularly hauled 10000 lbs + loads through mountainous terrain, 90 degree + temps and the Tundra never blinks. I was a Chevy guy for years, but will never turn back. Toyota allrheway baby!!! Doesn't burn a drop of oil, and looks as fresh as original after 5K of heavy use.

Nice Truck

sundance2014, 12/04/2013

I owned a 4.7 2007 double cab. It took a while to warm up to the new model. Some things I like about the new model. Some things I don't. The interior is vastly better. So is the radio, controls and vents. Seats are better. Better fabric. Slightly wider and overall more comfortable. I bought the 5.7 this time and I really enjoy it. A previous reviewer complained about getting 11 mpg. I got 15.5. in mostly city driving out of the first tank. I expect it to get e a little better. I drove a 2013 5.7 and there nothing different about the 2014. The 5.7 is different than the 4.6 or 4.7. the 4.7 was much more responsive at lower speeds but the 5.7 has got seemingly endless power above 1500 rpm.

Beats the competition

txkreddog, 10/20/2014
SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Style and performance, as well as reliability made the Tundra dbl cab 5.7 my choice over Ford, Chevrolet, or Dodge. For value vs price, the Tundra wins hands down.

2014 Tundra

Tj, 04/21/2019
Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

If you're looking for a good pickup that is comfortable and nice for a family, this is it.

Mechanically Sound with minor issues

Andy , 01/20/2020
Platinum 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I sold my 2007 tundra to get a 2014 Platinum edition. The truck is as if not even more reliable than my previous truck. However, this version has giving me issues with small things such as the sunroof, radio, power door locks, and the front door card material just rubbing away. Other than that, very please with the truck. This is my 8th Toyota.

Very Happy!

pozzi, 05/26/2014

This is my second Tundra.. First one was an 08.. Looked at the "Big 3" and could not get the deal I got with Toyota... Gas mileage is "Truck" rated but acceptable. Great ride! Tows like a dream... Car like on the highway but aggressive on the dirt roads! Very happy with the product... OK Toyota, can you send me my $20 for the great review?

2014 Tundra 4.6L

Scott, 12/30/2018
SR 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Ended up purchasing a travel trailer. This truck is not meant to pull a trailer in the mountains of Colorado. No transmission cooler and no engine oil cooler. The metal the bed is made out of is very flimsy. You look at it and it creases or bends. Step on the wheel wells and they are bent.

Just purchased a 2014 Tundra Limited 204

ashron, 09/08/2013

1. The power steering has absolutely no "On-Center" feel to it. Its easy to meander out of a lane at freeway speeds when taking your eyes off the road to look at the Nav, operate the radio, etc. It gets worse in winding roads since there is no feedback from the steering, making it easy to exceed the truck's limits and lose control. I am not saying it's unsafe. just that one has to pay extra attention! I thought this was one of the major issues Toyota was going to improve on, with the new 2014 Tundra.

Toyota Quality? plus Toyota Don't Care!

William C. Nasburg, 09/08/2015
1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2011 Tundra Double cab SR5 with TRD package. Wonderful truck. However, when the new style came out for 2014 I purchased in 2/14 a crew max, Limited with TRD package. First off, a 26 gallon tank is not large enough for the amount of fuel the 5.7 engine uses. Secondly, the fuel gauge is not accurate,along with the oil pressure gauge. Now there is NO transmission temp gauge. Bluetooth audio is very poor, even with the JBL system with NAV. and when you have the volume up at a good listening level, the door panels start buzzing. With the 2014 model in the Limited trim, there is no longer a power passenger side front seat. As far as I am concerned, Toyota cheapened the Tundra and the quality they boast about is not on my truck. On August 8,2015 with 10,600 miles on the truck , the windshield cracked at the top and continued to toward the passenger side. I notified the dealer and they refused to do anything about it. I notified Toyota Care and I have heard nothing back in over a month. THIS IS MY LAST TOYOTA!!!!

Lease buy out

azucena yanez, 03/07/2018
Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had the greatest experience buying out my lease at Toyota town. I always recommend my family and friends to Toyota Town. Thank you for take care of me and family.

Bold and Beautiful

Raymond mahnke, 02/10/2018
SR5 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Outstanding reliability looks. Best back seay in the market today milage is very is about the same if not better when a competitor is in similar dress. Matter of fact highway driving milage is better then advertised. Everybody has rushed to catch up to the tundra. I would even suggest that some loyal f series drivers give the tundra a try. This is bu far the most durable reliable truck on the market bar none

gives up out of the box

greg ice, 10/31/2015
1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

had a 2007 crew max / brand new my best truck EVER {RED}(I LOVE) 2/2015 new 4runner hits me stopped vs 65mph new tundra 2015 had a sr5 got a sr5 had tow pkg /na had red / na back seats folded down (I could stack material into the cab with the window down) / seats fold up and back of rear seat sits 3 inches above window so [non-permissible content removed] rests on the seat or not at all had a gas gauge (350 miles) / miles to empty 320 24 gls max ever / 20.10 max ever fill ups? its a 26.7 gal tank hiding 6 gals? dual climate cup holders overhead storage all gone because they want to be like a ford they want the ford shoppers and now I want a ford go figure oh when it rains that [non-permissible content removed] fake scoop in the hood makes a puddle??

excellent lease value

Steve Trychon, 06/03/2016
SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great value all around Im going on 3rd lease

Great truck

Gary Woodford, 05/25/2017
SR 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I would recommend this to truck to anyone. It is simply great from every perspective. Did have leaking left front shock at 40,000 miles. Toyota covered cost as customer good will. Out of warranty in miles but not time.

51050